• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Close call in my Honda Challenge race

AWD CRX or Civic needed, lol jk

hmmm... Nice recovery man! Oil, sand/gravel, debris, water all can be rather dangerous... :frown:

Love the sounds too. Nice to see fellow NSX'ers entering various racing series.

Still waiting to see a NSX mounted on a monster-truck... :d

Nice EG. I miss mine. You can see yourself oversteer and then you catch it, over correct and then went the crazy wobble in the wheel. Must have been an exciting moment.

Its a EG Civic with B18C5R setup for NASA Honda Challenge H1.

I'm traveling at approximately 100mph during the initial slide... I didn't even realize how much hand movement I did until I watched the video.

Awesome recovery Kenji.

One question: Why didn't u guy slow down for the tow truck on the left. I would think there would be a local caution flag up for that. :confused: then again, maybe u did slow down and it just seems like u didn't :confused:

NSXLuvr said:
Awesome recovery Kenji.

One question: Why didn't u guy slow down for the tow truck on the left. I would think there would be a local caution flag up for that. :confused: then again, maybe u did slow down and it just seems like u didn't :confused:

Very good question. The flagging was not very clear during the race, and we thought there was a double yellow... The cars who are not grouped with the leaders try to close the gap during yellow. I was definitely driving hotter than I should have been at that time, but just about everyone is trying to close the gap up under yellow. Its a basic strategy for competitive racing. If I were have known the incident was right there, I probably would have slowed down a little more.

SolidCitizen said:
Nice catch, Kenji. Even without debris, EG Civics don't seem to be too shy to step out the tail. A less-talented guy spun one out right in front of me...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODc0NDYwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=
(3MB mpeg)

hahahaaha, I have no idea what that car was doing... that was great.

looks like he corrected and dropped speed way too fast so the front connected and whipped the car back the other way. I never spun on T1 before...

Yeah, that's how I see his counter-steering effort, too. I think he screwed himself before the spin by trying fight his understeer with more turning angle...a pretty bad thing to do especially on a patchy wet surface. I'm glad he didn't roll it!

Honda Challenge is at thunderhill next month, isn't it?

RP-Motorsports said:
Looks like the typical rookie "oh crap I am scared I better lift off of the gas pedal tank slapper" to me :biggrin: I see this happen all of the time to rookies @ turn 8 and turn 13 at Road America. Usually metal to concrete is involved though. :eek:
The nice part about thunderhill is there's relatively no concrete to hit except down the straights

Kenji had a good weekend with minimal problem. Didn't work that way for me. On Saturday I went off on T1 incident trying to grab a lead. On Sunday I got hit from behind when the guy behind me lost his brakes while I was looking sure to chase down the first place.

DAMN i envy you guys. There is no HC in Texas. There has been some talk about it, but no group as of yet.

Very frustrating. I have been thinking about going SM or HC with civic hybrid(kinda like Kenji) but I would prefer the HC route. keep the videos coming.

NSXLuvr said:
DAMN i envy you guys. There is no HC in Texas. There has been some talk about it, but no group as of yet.

Very frustrating. I have been thinking about going SM or HC with civic hybrid(kinda like Kenji) but I would prefer the HC route. keep the videos coming.

LOL, sounds like you are living vicariously ;)

Ken

Back