• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch replaced feels wonderful!

After replacing the clutch master cylinder and OEM clutch & release bearing, I noticed how smooth the pedal feels and the clinky sound is gone. Presumably release bearing was sticking at 63k on original clutch. Also noticed its much quieter and shifts like butter. Oem clutch is a bit heavy though, I was not expecting it to feel so iron like heavy.

Its important not to feather the clutch but release it promptly to reduce clutch wear. I don't even need to rev match to engaged any gears during deceleration/downshifting though rev matching won't hurt. Syncros are perfect no grinding or hesitation.

All issues solved now I know what an awsome transmission and clutch should feel like. All systems check ready for takeoff captain.:biggrin:

After replacing the clutch master cylinder and clutch is a bit heavy though, I was not expecting it to feel so iron like heavy.

OEM clutch should be very easy to push...you are either 100 years old or, you've got a problem.

If I live to be 100 years old I hope yo have many wives in their twenties:biggrin:

Yeh the new clutch is much much easier to push, almost feels to loose gona take some getting used to.

My older clutch felt as though it was not releasing I could hear the plates chatter and pop every time i depressed it.

Time to take her on a nice long weekend roadtrip! Does this mean your keeping her? I hope so.

Time to take her on a nice long weekend roadtrip! Does this mean your keeping her? I hope so.

Big_d I am really tempted to keep her I don't need to sell my car, wife is saying keep it its gona be hard to find one with all records again so I raised the price :biggrin:

Definetly wana go for a road trip have not found the time though. There are some meets coming up with bunch members hopefully we can sort something out with the weather being so nice :)

Regards

Back