• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch wanted

I need a new clutch for a '96 NSX-T Manual. However, it's a UK spec car - are the clutches te same?

I will need the flywheel as well.

------------------
-- David Brophy (London, UK)
Email: mail (at) davidbrophy (dot) com
UK tel: 07971 597702
Int tel: +44 7971 597702

David I have a Clutch Masters stage 4 clutch with about 1,700 miles on it. I also have a lightened Tilton flywheel which both pieces were installed at the same time. You can tell the clutch is still new because the pucks are still shiny. By the way Clutch Masters doesn't sell a stage 4 it was specially made and can hold up to 650 rwhp with no problem. I will sell the Clutch for $800 and the Tilton Lightened Flywheel for $400. If you wanna see pics let me know or E-mail me at [email protected]

I'm a bit worried about fitting a performance clutch. I've had the car for about a year, and about 10,000 miles (22,500 -> 33,000).

Ever since I got it, I thought the clutch was a little feeble. It's just too easy to fry it during standing starts, so I would like sonthing a little firmer.

HOWEVER, I don't want it to be like an on/off switch... I live in london, where most motoring is done at <2mph, and I don't want to compramise my 'trafic-jam-navigation' ability.

However, there is one overriding reson I am worried about a performance clurch - the dreaded judder. For about 6 months, my clutch has been the downfall of the car - the vibration during slip has been simply awfull. I'm really worried that a performance clutch will either have this from the outset, or develop it early.

Any recommendations?

(I've read the FAQ, and people seem to recommend the RM clutch - has anyone had any problems with this?)

------------------
-- David Brophy (London, UK)
Email: mail (at) davidbrophy (dot) com
UK tel: 07971 597702
Int tel: +44 7971 597702

David I know what you mean by a high performance clutch being an on and off switch but not the Clutch Masters. Clutch Masters dosen't use one of those pressure plates that if you let it go just a little early the whole car starts to shatter and feels like it's gonna fall apart. There pressure plates don't have a million pounds of pressure like some other clutches that you feel like you need to workout just to push the clutch in, it's not like that the peddle pressure feels stock. Also if your clutch has been slipping for so long then you problably glazed your flywheel. You can go to this topic and read a comment someone wrote about the clutch under Forced Induction and Nitrous, Topic: PG I for SC +
maybe small
Nitrous Shot??

I went with the Comptech Powergrip II, and it doesn't shutter at all...

the lightened fly makes it a little more of a challenge off the line and so does the heavier clutch pedal. So if you are in lots of stop and go traffic, the clutch would be a pain.

good luck!
Allen

Back