• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cmp 2/11 2/12

R13

Experienced Member
Tech Expert
Cmp 2/11 2/12 (Videos posted, driving critique welcome)

Anyone else rolling the dice on February weather this weekend?

Last time I tried this there was 6" of snow on the track Saturday Morning :biggrin:

My goal for the weekend, if things go well, is to try to get signed off to run TT with NASA. I've been to CMP quite a few times, so I'm pretty familiar with the track. I don't have the budget/car for W2W right now, but I think I'd like to try something with a little competition involved vs. just driving around for fun.

Last edited:
Ohhhh so you're the NSX in HPDE3? If I wasn't purchasing mine this weekend I would be there.

I've ran this event 2 years in a row in Feb and It's been way too cold in the morning to get decent grip but eventually gets alright, far stretch from the rest of the year when it's a total sweathole.

Best of luck on your TT license, I need to sack up and get my check ride this year too.

Ohhhh so you're the NSX in HPDE3? If I wasn't purchasing mine this weekend I would be there.

I've ran this event 2 years in a row in Feb and It's been way too cold in the morning to get decent grip but eventually gets alright, far stretch from the rest of the year when it's a total sweathole.

Best of luck on your TT license, I need to sack up and get my check ride this year too.

Yup, that's me. I've been meaning to get to this point for years, but it's just now that I have one of my cars back to the point of being able to put up with an entire track weekend. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Yup, that's me. I've been meaning to get to this point for years, but it's just now that I have one of my cars back to the point of being able to put up with an entire track weekend. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

That's excellent, I would have a hard time taking an NSX anywhere past HPDE'S, so +1 to you.

That's excellent, I would have a hard time taking an NSX anywhere past HPDE'S, so +1 to you.

Well, if I go W2W at any point I'll need something much more disposable. This car is never going to be a museum piece and I didn't buy it as an investment, so I can stomach a little non-contact (hopefully) "racing". :smile:

Last edited:
Well, if I go W2W at any point I'll need something much more disposable. This car is never going to be a museum piece and I didn't buy it as an investment, so I can stomach a little non-contact (hopefully) "racing". :smile:

Fortunately people keep museum pieces to sell to people that figured out the best part about an NSX just might be driving it.

Do you have a video camera? I would like to see how an NSX does there.

Fortunately people keep museum pieces to sell to people that figured out the best part about an NSX just might be driving it.

Do you have a video camera? I would like to see how an NSX does there.

Yup, I've got the camera with me. I usually record sessions for self-coaching, but I'll usually post a session on youtube. I doubt I'll be setting any records, but I think I know about where I should end up. I was just a shade under 2:00 in my MR2 Turbo (at best). At Nashville Super Speedway, I'm ~8 seconds quicker in the NSX. At TGP I was about 4 seconds quicker (short track). I'm wagering there will be a little more of a gap here because there are more long straight sections here and that's where the 80 extra horses come into play.

I guess we'll see :biggrin:

So, with my slightly-rusty self driving it looks like a ~1:51.3xx is about the best I managed (that I have on film anyway). I don't think I did 3 or 8 exactly right all weekend (too far off the inside curbs in both cases I think), and I was being a little conservative through the kink.

Here's a session from Day 1. (the Silver S2K is supercharged, btw)

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YQ7nNhcOmg0?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YQ7nNhcOmg0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Here's one from Day 2. Not sure which version of Mustang that is later in the vid, but he was definitely pulling me on the straights most places. Also, the last green lap in this video was my quickest on the weekend.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h5EsILqxLSo?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h5EsILqxLSo?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Re: Cmp 2/11 2/12 (Videos posted, driving critique welcome)

Anyone else rolling the dice on February weather this weekend?

Last time I tried this there was 6" of snow on the track Saturday Morning :biggrin:

probably looked a lot like this :) http://racing.cerient.net/?p=133

normally i never miss a nasa weekend at cmp but my right hand is still in a cast so instead i was crew chief for our chumpcar integra at road atlanta.

Re: Cmp 2/11 2/12 (Videos posted, driving critique welcome)

probably looked a lot like this :) http://racing.cerient.net/?p=133

normally i never miss a nasa weekend at cmp but my right hand is still in a cast so instead i was crew chief for our chumpcar integra at road atlanta.

Yup, I was there with my MR2 in the "blizzard". The Camden-to-track commute was entertaining. R888s + snow isn't the best combination...

'hope your hand heals quickly. I may have to find you at some point. I've considered picking up an E30 myself at some point as a more, well, "disposable" track toy.

I was trying to come up. CMP is only +90mins from me. but I got stuck working a buddys car for him. Cmp is a track I raced on for CCS motorcycles. We just go up now to do the karting

I was trying to come up. CMP is only +90mins from me. but I got stuck working a buddys car for him. Cmp is a track I raced on for CCS motorcycles. We just go up now to do the karting

I thought about trying out the kart track but ended up being distracted with staying warm while not driving. Maybe next time.

I thought about trying out the kart track but ended up being distracted with staying warm while not driving. Maybe next time.

it's a very good track, one time last year our sunday qualifying session was cancelled due to the previous groups crashing and/or oiling down the track. so one of the rich guys rented the entire track for 20 min and we used that as our qualifier :)

Did you get your check ride for your TT license?

I did. I'm hoping to get the inspection and remainder of the license application out of the way at Road Atlanta next month. The only problem is that I probably won't make another NASA event until June/July after that (out of country)

Did you get to pick your car up?

Last edited:
Back