• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cobalt Friction Technologies/Andie Lin

Fellow NSXrs. I was wanting to say a few kind words about my most recent interaction with Andie Lin of Cobalt Friction Technologies. I had inquired about upgrading my rear brakes, as I have the Movit front kit on the car. I wanted a larger rotor, but really didn't want to sacrifice the e-brake and swap calipers. Also, due to my vanity, I wanted a cross-dilled rotor that was similar in appearance to the Movit fronts. With the stock rear brakes on the car ('91 NSX), I had a bit too much front brake bias. True, I could have added a proportioning valve, but Andie hooked me up with a Tarox rear brake upgrade with 14" 2-piece rear rotors, adapters and replacement lines. This kit works well in that it retains the E-brake, but gives me a much larger swept area for rotor surface. He also made some recommmendations for changing pads to Ferodo fronts and Axxis rears. With this package installed on the car, the braking bias is perfect. I haven't had it on a track yet, but if the package works as well as it does on the street, I'll be quite pleased. On a personal note, Andie kept me appraised the entire time of shipments from Tarox and shipping to me from FL with tracking #'s. He even called me to ask me how I liked the setup once it was installed. In these times of people complaining of vendor after vendor, I felt it was worth shedding some positive light on one of the good guys. Here are a couple of pix of the kit on the car:

fd300eb2.jpg

fd30135e.jpg

fd301362.jpg

fd301360.jpg

[This message has been edited by beckertb (edited 08 October 2002).]

Hi,
I agree with you about Andie Lin. He's a great guy, hilarious too! I met him during an NSXCA Florida-Chapter event this last summer. He is definitely knowledgable about practically all things NSX.
Not only did he give me great advice, but also he was kind enough to let me ride with him in the Cybernation Motorsports '99 yellow NSX (I own a '94 NSX, and I always wanted to experience the targa top off).
Thanks, HomeDepotNSX!
-Thomas

------------------
'94 Brooklands Green Pearl/Black NSX
5-Speed

I know Andie as a fellow NSX owner as well as a very professional vendor operating as Cobalt Friction Technologies. Andie recently helped me select a new set of track pads for my Porsche "Big Red" kit. He spent the time to talk to me about the different properties of the various brands available such as operating temp range, clamping torque, dusting characteristics, etc. After speaking with Andie I felt better informed and made my selection with confidence. I appreciate working with individuals who offer that level of service along with a quality product. Highly recommended.

You made mistake to buy this rotor you will see in the future you will have a lot of problem if you going in Track they could broken be carefull thay don't give you a good advive to buy this rotor?

Andrea

Andrea,

You need to grow up. Bashing other vendors, especially those with well-established reputations within the NSX community is very immature.

Ben specifically asked for a cross-drilled rotor in order to match his front Porsche BBK, and is well-aware that a cross-drilled rotor is more prone to cracking. Further, Ben's NSX is not used extensively on the track, and its main use is aggressive street driving.

As a friendly suggestion, I think you will come across as more professional, rather than childish and vindictive, if you take the time to understand the situation and circumstances involved, before jumping to a conclusion, especially since your main goal is to make negative statements about other vendors.

FYI, I have Speedvision race teams and Pro Formula Mazda teams that entrust their brake setups to my company. I can assure you that I understand the in's and out's of braking technology, and statements made by yourself to the contrary are nothing short of insulting.

Best Regards,

Andie

------------------
andie w lin
cobalt friction technologies
www.cobaltfriction.com
tel: 954.828.1512
fax: 954.828.1517

I am Sorry that you miss understood andy
But I don't want to speak bad about you but its not good choice to use Tarox with hole Personaly I already try this rotor and they caused a lot of problem and Tarox know this I don't know why they did'not tell you!!!
Of course that you have a good knowout about brake technology but you will see if you use a little bit this rotor Itds only an advice that I want to give you, after you can sell without problem .
And remember before to tell that i must to grow up personaly I don't need i am Sorry its better that you understand better my advice and I think that about Tarox I realy know better then you beacause in the last year I tested also material for them. So before to tell me something its better that you understand who you have in face. Its about 15 Years that I use Tarox brake kit so its not from yesterday.
But if you feel like a braking god its ok not problem i Don't want to steal you customers of course I don't need ok.
Maybe for you its only work but for me its also passion fot the car especialy the NSX.
I hope that you understand my English

Regards
Andrea Brunod

Remember that we are in a free world where there is free opinium. So If I think that its not good choice the drilled rotor this not means that I want to insult you but if you think like that its you that you must to grow up not me

I forgot To tell something dear Andy

That maybe you must to tell me thank you that now your customers can have the rotor upgrade for the rear from Tarox beacause I spent two week in Tarox Factory for to have a good rear kit for to use with stock caliper and i think that the result are good right!!

Andrea

Originally posted by OT Challenge:
Andrea -

Can you mix me in on the English version of all your posts?

BP
Director, The OTC Tour www.opentrackchallenge.com

Maybe Andrea is using online translator to translate what he writes in Italian. I tried to translate one of his post into Italian using Babelfish.

Mi sono dimenticato di dire qualche cosa di a Andy caro che forse doveste dirmi li ringraziaste che ora i vostri clienti potessero avere l'aggiornamento del rotore per la parte posteriore dal beacause che di Tarox ho passare la settimana due nella fabbrica di Tarox per per avere un buon corredo posteriore per da usare con il compasso di riserva e penso che il risultato fosse buona destra!! Andrea

does this make sense in Italian?

Originally posted by ak:
Maybe Andrea is using online translator to translate what he writes in Italian. I tried to translate one of his post into Italian using Babelfish.

Mi sono dimenticato di dire qualche cosa di a Andy caro che forse doveste dirmi li ringraziaste che ora i vostri clienti potessero avere l'aggiornamento del rotore per la parte posteriore dal beacause che di Tarox ho passare la settimana due nella fabbrica di Tarox per per avere un buon corredo posteriore per da usare con il compasso di riserva e penso che il risultato fosse buona destra!! Andrea

does this make sense in Italian?

It gets even worse when you use same Babelfish to translate your translation, ak, back into English ...
They are forgotten to me to say qualche.cosa of to Andy beloved who perhaps you had dirmi ringraziaste them that hour your customers could have the modernization of the rotor for the posterior part from the beacause that of Tarox I have to pass week two in the factory of Tarox for for having a good posterior equipment for using with the calipers of reservoir and task that the result was good right!!

I am pleased to learn that Andrea has good posterior equipment!
(sorry if we make fun of your language Andrea - just a little joke. Your English certainly better than my Italian by a long way!)

I am Sorry for my English
smile.gif

But when I wrote I was disapointed about the Andy's Comment.So my english was more bad then usualy
I hope that he Understood my opinium now I don't want to have any enemy around
smile.gif

And was not my intention to tell something bead about him

Regards
Andrea

P.s. Usualy I don't use babelfish its realy a shit
smile.gif

Originally posted by andrea:

P.s. Usualy I don't use babelfish its realy a shit
smile.gif

You got that one right! I think this is just a case of misunderstanding. Andie is a great guy, and so is Andrea it sounds like.

Back