• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Coilover fitment

I still say try the bars. Yiu can always go back but i wouldnt be concerned with any loss of independence. Did you set your canister pressures?

I still say try the bars. Yiu can always go back but i wouldnt be concerned with any loss of independence. Did you set your canister pressures?

Yes I did. 150 PSI just like you said.

Rebound front: one turn back from full stiff (for track, 0.5 turn back)
Rebound rear: 1.5 turns back from full stiff (for track, 1 turn back)

Compression front (high speed): middle, 6 turns back
Compression front (low speed): 3 turns back from full stiff

Compression rear (high speed): middle, 6 turns back
Compression rear (Low speed): 4 turns back from full stiff

Tires cold 32/32

Here is my alignment sheet. It's all in degrees, I dont know how to translate this to mm... But it should be at your recommendation in the other thread "for most people" and on your own car.

alignment.jpg

By the way he said that rear camber could not be reduced any further with the suspension at this height. I am installing Dave's beam bearings and I think that will give me more but I am under 3 now... So I guess I am fine already.

From the pictures you posted your car might be too low. Measure the ride height from the ground to the front and rear jack points

You might have been looking at old photos per Hypercos and couplers. This is current height:

low1.jpg

your front looks about like my type R with 235 front tire, but your rear may need to be raised a hair to increase rake as was already stated.

your front looks about like my type R with 235 front tire, but your rear may need to be raised a hair to increase rake as was already stated.

Current rake measured at jack points on alignment machine is 0.25" higher at rear.

Current rake measured at jack points on alignment machine is 0.25" higher at rear.

Dave, I agree with John; esthetically, you need to raise the back a bit more perhaps by 0.25" with 17/17 OEM wheels. For track with 17/18 wheels, the 0.25" now would be fine.

I have about the same rake on my 17/17 OEM as you do now, and I keep saying it needs a bit more at the back (can't lower the front more for clearance issues) - but it is a compromise form my 17/18 track wheels if one is not going to futz like Don (nsxnut) everytime he goes to the track by adjusting the height/rake.

so go to 1/2" rake? Is this recommendation based on performance or aesthetic reasons?

so go to 1/2" rake? Is this recommendation based on performance or aesthetic reasons?

Both. I think it was Shad at DA that once posted they use 0.5" at the jack points for easy rake adjustment.

Raising the rake does two things.....

#1 in "theory" provides more downforce as it makes the car a big diffuser. Lower in front, higher in rear. Air accelerates as it passes under the car and expands as it moves rearward as ground clearance is greater as it moves rearward.

#2 more weight on the rear. Think legs of a table if the rear legs were slightly longer slightly more weight would be carried by those two.

And it definitely looks better - and we are all into looks right :tongue:
well Dave is , he mounted a little vanity mirror to the dash so he can check himself on course.

well Dave is , he mounted a little vanity mirror to the dash so he can check himself on course.

LOL... don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Both. I think it was Shad at DA that once posted they use 0.5" at the jack points for easy rake adjustment.

#1 in "theory" provides more downforce as it makes the car a big diffuser. Lower in front, higher in rear. Air accelerates as it passes under the car and expands as it moves rearward as ground clearance is greater as it moves rearward.

#2 more weight on the rear. Think legs of a table if the rear legs were slightly longer slightly more weight would be carried by those two.
Raising the rake in the back (i.e. "positive rake") puts more weight in the front. Increases oversteer, reduces understeer.

You are correct that positive rake increases downforce overall.

#2 only works regarding corner balancing on 1 corner of the car. Raising or lowering just the front or rear put a very tiny amount of weight on the opposite side.

Overall your car looks good and I think 1/4-1/2" rake is in the ballpark and ideal is dependent on the rest of your suspension setup.

That is awesome!!

Would love to see pics of drive height vs lifted height.

Your car is low... how i would like to see mine but when it is raised is it higher than oem height would you say? if so or not by how much?

Yeah I have to say, I can't believe how straightforward ravi's system actually is. Also he didn't sell me a bunch of parts and say "go install these". He took my coilovers, installed new springs, put on new top hats, fixed the worn bump stops, even cleaned them up before he sent them to me. After my purchase, he's been on the phone with me every single day helping me, making suggestions, explaining solutions, etc. I was going to make a separate post on this but I would say the product quality is fantastic and his service has been beyond anything I expected.

Anyway, I got them in, and this is the ride height as they were set in the race NSX they came out of. I am going to try to raise it some tomorrow. What do you guys think of the look? Too slammed or good? The local car guys seem to love it but I am a bit uncomfortable with it.

e50cc949.jpg

8217cedf.jpg

d654e555.jpg

8bb0158f.jpg

Jaffaz I am just not at that ride height anymore, period. The picture with the magnaflow sign above is my current "low" height and I go up 3 more inches from there with the VRH. I get extra lift by the VRH because of my dampers, most will not get quite that much. I might go a little lower, perhaps 0.25 inches, but I wont sit like the slammed look you see in these pictures. It's just too low for me. That's how low my coilovers were setup originally as they came off a race car... Mine is a street car so I raised it. The extra travel does allow much better compliance and it is still low and way better looking than stock.

Jaffaz I am just not at that ride height anymore, period. The picture with the magnaflow sign above is my current "low" height and I go up 3 more inches from there with the VRH. I get extra lift by the VRH because of my dampers, most will not get quite that much. I might go a little lower, perhaps 0.25 inches, but I wont sit like the slammed look you see in these pictures. It's just too low for me. That's how low my coilovers were setup originally as they came off a race car... Mine is a street car so I raised it. The extra travel does allow much better compliance and it is still low and way better looking than stock.

Cool thanks, the pic with the magnaflow pic is still low, looks awesome. How much of a drop is that compared to oem?

I'm guessing it's the clubsports that allow you to go that high?

Thanks.

Back