• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Collector Loses 175 Classic Cars In Texas Wildfires

Collector Loses 175 Classic Cars In Texas Wildfires

wildfire.jpg

"You can either laugh or you can cry," Chapman told the Houston Chronicle. "You might as well laugh."

More power to him. I'd have a hard time laughing. I'm wagering he was well-insured....

Very unfortunate. A couple lives have been lost in the fire so I can see how that gentleman can take it in stride. At least one person I work with lost his home. My engineering professor still doesn't know if his home is standing or not.

was probably a scrap yard. some of them probably didnt even have wheels on them. bricks etc.

that pic was a section of the property the fire didnt effect it always looked like that.

like Haiti they showed us pics of this massive mess of houses falling apart and trees knocked over and we all thought it was from the disaster.

errrrr. thats what it looked like before the quake. and thats what it still looks like today.

was probably a scrap yard. some of them probably didnt even have wheels on them. bricks etc.

that pic was a section of the property the fire didnt effect it always looked like that.

like Haiti they showed us pics of this massive mess of houses falling apart and trees knocked over and we all thought it was from the disaster.

errrrr. thats what it looked like before the quake. and thats what it still looks like today.

I'm with Shawn on this one on the surface. This pic looks like these vehicles at least were stored outdoors as I can't see the remains of a structure and I can see trees that jut up around the car bodies. And school buses? Noboby garages those. In that pic it looks like a hoarder just hit the insurance lotto.

Seriously, he lost some cars that were nicer and some that were no so nice- but 175 "classic cars"? This article with pics on Jalopnik shows the impact a little better:
http://jalopnik.com/5837816/

Paraphrased from a comment there:

'Which gives me an idea: we need to organize a Prime First Responder Unit. The PFRU will be on call, 24-7, to save awesome cars from natural disasters by volunteering to help drive them several hundred miles away at high speeds. Who's in?'

I'm in!

Back