• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Colorado people

Everything is still a go. Weather looks like it will be good. I believe there will be about 7 S2K's there this morning. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Kyle

Hey Guys,

It was a pleasure meeting ya'll today. Here is a link to our site where you can check out some of the pics from todays drive.
Happy Birthday Bruce. ;)

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=356905&st=100&#entry7038938

Take a look at the event calendar as well to see what is on the horizon and please know ya'll are always more than welcome to join us.

Take care,

Denver, Rocky Mt. S2ki Community Organizer

Nugget said:
Hey Guys,

It was a pleasure meeting ya'll today. Here is a link to our site where you can check out some of the pics from todays drive.
Happy Birthday Bruce. ;)

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=356905&st=100&#entry7038938

Take a look at the event calendar as well to see what is on the horizon and please know ya'll are always more than welcome to join us.

Take care,

Denver, Rocky Mt. S2ki Community Organizer

Denver:
Thanks so much... what a great time, and a very, very scenic drive through the mountains. I definitely will check out the event calendar.... thanks again!
--bruce

Craig & Amy,
Scott,
Todd &
Bruce (Happy B-day!)

Guys, very cool rolling with you all today! Monica, myself and the rest of the S crew had a great time!

We're still on for next Sun, the 19th at the same place and time. Any of guys that are available, are welcome to come along. -j

Hey guys,

Thanks for coming today, it was good to see the NSX's and the S2000's come together on a drive. Look forward to having you guys on some more drives this year. Keep an eye on our event calender, we have a lot planned. Until next time - Drive safe!

Asian Texan
Kyle

ps - Happy Birthday Bruce!

Hey, when do you guys plan to have another cruise? I'd like to make one with you guys. I was busy pulling the motor out of my car today, so it won't be ready to go for a month or two, but wouldn't be too horribly opposed to catching a ride with one of you guys :)

Craig, if you're interested in tearing down or rebuilding the motor, let me know. I'm located in Denver now, so it's a bit of a drive for you now.

skyman00 said:
Craig & Amy,
Scott,
Todd &
Bruce (Happy B-day!)

Guys, very cool rolling with you all today! Monica, myself and the rest of the S crew had a great time!

We're still on for next Sun, the 19th at the same place and time. Any of guys that are available, are welcome to come along. -j

Glad we could make it...was fun, and very nice to meet you all (and Bruce, who I hadn't met before). Can't make the next given schedule, but would be fun to join you again when spring/summer rolls around.

I think it might be appropriate to bring up safety, however, as I think we're not on the same page...

I like to have as much fun as the next person, but I definately can't endorse passing on the shoulder of C-470 (blue S2000) or pushing it hard enough to spin on public road (yellow S2000). Major, major bonehead stuff IMO. :rolleyes: There have been instances where a group of drivers have been held liable when one person in the group does something stupid and causes damage/injury/fatality (to themselves or others). This type of driving may discourage some from joining ya'll, and will increase the chance that others (the public) will report aggressive driving via #CSP.

The coolest thing a sports car owner can do is not wreck that vechicle or cause damage to another car or person. Anyone can mishandle/wreck a car or drive like a fool (even severly drunk people are capable of this). Having fun AND being responsible is what I'd hope we're all striving for.

I totally agree with you and this issue will be formally brought up at our next monthly meeting as well as before our next drive informally. I for one have pushed it too hard at times, but have learned my lesson as I am sure many can relate, but that is still no excuse. That type of driving should be left to controlled environments such as tracks and autocross. I do enjoy driving spiritly at times, which is why I think many of us bought our cars, but it has to be within reason. Our first priority and responsibility is the safety of others and ourselves. We are representing our club and everyone in it and the last thing anyone wants is to have someone get hurt or wreck their car.

Thank you for bringing up this issue and I hope it won't deter you or anyone for that matter from joining us.

Take care and as always drive safe,

Denver

latzke said:
Glad we could make it...was fun, and very nice to meet you all (and Bruce, who I hadn't met before). Can't make the next given schedule, but would be fun to join you again when spring/summer rolls around.

I think it might be appropriate to bring up safety, however, as I think we're not on the same page...

I like to have as much fun as the next person, but I definately can't endorse passing on the shoulder of C-470 (blue S2000) or pushing it hard enough to spin on public road (yellow S2000). Major, major bonehead stuff IMO. :rolleyes: There have been instances where a group of drivers have been held liable when one person in the group does something stupid and causes damage/injury/fatality (to themselves or others). This type of driving may discourage some from joining ya'll, and will increase the chance that others (the public) will report aggressive driving via #CSP.

The coolest thing a sports car owner can do is not wreck that vechicle or cause damage to another car or person. Anyone can mishandle/wreck a car or drive like a fool (even severly drunk people are capable of this). Having fun AND being responsible is what I'd hope we're all striving for.

Calling NSXers for another event...

On the NSXCO List I've been planning/coordinating a detailing workshop day for NSX owners in Colorado. Not wanting to miss any of you (i.e. those not on the list cause they didn't know about it) I'm posting details here. Details can be found below (I've copied/pasted the invitation from Detailers Paradise).

Please PM/Email me if you plan to come so I can keep track of numbers.

NSXs only at this point.

Bruce, Scott, Todd, & other NSXers...I encourage you to sign up to the NSXCO list by emailing me your email address through this forum or going to the link above and signing up.

Detailers Paradise
Detailing Tech Session & Open House
Saturday, February 25th, 2006
1pm – 4pm​

Detailers Paradise is pleased to invite the NSX club to a Detailing Tech Session and Open House on Saturday, February 25, 2006 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. This fun and educational event will be held at our retail store and training center at 1745 South Broadway in Denver (located just a few blocks north of Evans and just 1 mile south of I-25).

The Detailing Tech Session will focus on paint care and machine polishing. It will begin promptly at 1:00pm and will be 95% hands-on. We will also be available throughout the entire event to answer your questions about other detailing topics…. leather conditioning, tire & wheel cleaning, metal polishing and more.

We will offer special sale prices on an assortment of products and tools to all participants. The event includes an assortment of drinks and snacks. Free and safe parking is always available in our large parking lot. Stop by to learn, shop, and socialize with fellow NSX enthusiasts!

We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Their web site: http://www.detailersparadise.com
More info on these workshops: http://www.detailersparadise.com/_System/_CMS/?Page=Events

I will have to miss the detail day, going to be in Florida for the weekend, please continue to post these events on Prime, hopefully we can get the Colorado community more active this year.

This event count in NSX owners that don't have their NSX in Denver? I'm bringing the NSX down when I return from Thailand. I would love to bring my merc for some detailing though and a friend possibly. Let me know.

Thanks.:smile:

I'm planning on attending. If weather or roads look questionable, I won't bring NSX, but will be there hopefully. Is everyone bringing their NSX?? I hope so. I just came back from Denver today and roads are COVERED in salt and sand!!! Do we need to bring anything at all? Supplies etc.? Is there a charge for this seminar? I hope to see you guys there. Thanks to Latzke for putting this together. Is anyone getting together for lunch before the seminar??? Would like to meet and eat before somewhere if anyone wants to. Just a suggestion.

Looks like there will be 6, maybe more, of us, all planning to bring their cars if the weather is nice (which the forecast says it will be...so looks like we're on). Some people wanted clarification or more details, so here's a summary:

WORKSHOP
When: This Saturday, February 25, 1pm (please be on time or early, they want to START at 1pm).
Where: Detailers Paradise, 1745 S Broadway, Denver, CO
Map (useful to map directions): http://local.google.com/local?f=q&hl=en&q=1745+S+Broadway,+Denver,+CO
Cost: Nothing. This is a free hands-on paint detailing workshop/class (3-hour duration). They provide beverages, snacks, facilities, tools, supplies, and know-how...we provide the hands and one lucky NSX. Might be nice to buy some detailing products from them and/or recommend them to others if you find the workshop helpful.

LUNCH
Chris P (with the long drive up from Trinidad) was hoping to get together with some of us for lunch at 11:30 (before the workshop), so I'm tacking an optional lunch onto this: 11:30am or so at Heidi's Brooklyn Deli, which is one block (0.1 mile) north of Detailers Paradise, on the same side of the road (1643 S Broadway). I plan on parking at Detailers Paradise and walking to the deli. If you're not sure who you're meeting at the deli, you can look for this guy (I'll have a red/black jacket on ... or over the back of the chair): http://latzke.us/photo/2005-06-00-Megs-Pics/HPIM0152 There is seating upstairs, so look there if you don't see us on the main level.

See you there.

- Craig

Stick-e-rice said:
This event count in NSX owners that don't have their NSX in Denver? I'm bringing the NSX down when I return from Thailand. I would love to bring my merc for some detailing though and a friend possibly. Let me know.

Thanks.:smile:
Come on down.

Back