• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comparing 360 w/ NSX :)

Some of you may remember my old thread : http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39463

Yesterday, I had the great pleasure to do a spirited drive in the Ferrari 360 for about 2-3 hours. Backroads & High Speed Runs....

While I had alot to say about the F355 vs NSX, with the 360 vs NSX there is simply no comparison! It is everything you could ever want in a sports car and then some...simply amazing... Now Just have to figure out where I can get $130,000 to purchase a used one....

I got to ride in a 360 CS for some laps at the ferrari track event and I would have to agree. The 360 CS is WAY more car than the NSX. (at least my 93) It is not even close. Of course, it was 2x the price.

I have also been for a joyride in the "normal" 360 spider. Also a very nice car. It was much faster than my NSX and it sounded incredible.

I cannot imagine how much better than F430 will be to drive (although it is uglier). It has 483hp vs 395 of a 360! and much more TQ @ 343. Very impressive indeed.

Again, if the next NSX is to be a "Ferrari killer", they are going to have to pull something VERY impressive out of their hat.

I would like to also drive a Gallardo as I hear they are incredible too.

I doubt Honda will come anything close to challenging the CS, maybe a normal 360 at best, but the CS if way off...it's so damn racey in every aspect, CF everywhere, push buttons, lowered, 19" Rims..enlarged ceramic brakes, F1 Shifter, Seats, and so on.... just dont see HOnda doing something like this at all...

5inchfatlip said:
I doubt Honda will come anything close to challenging the CS, maybe a normal 360 at best, but the CS if way off...it's so damn racey in every aspect, CF everywhere, push buttons, lowered, 19" Rims..enlarged ceramic brakes, F1 Shifter, Seats, and so on.... just dont see HOnda doing something like this at all...
I agree. Particularly since Honda's goal will be to create a super-car that is not as expensive to maintain as the Ferrari (hopefully).

I didn't care for the looks of the 360. However, one ride in the CS changed my mind. Btw, Its a bit more than the price of a new NSX :wink:

One thing I noticed is that the Porsche guys who could afford a Ferrari rarely do it. I asked a few porsche guys about this. Many of them said they owned a Ferrari once. They also said they would never do it again. They got tired to the poor build quality, and mulitple issues that required towing/serving to the Ferrari dealership. Instead, they get a TT, and a GT3 or a cup car for track days. 2 cars, 2 different roles, similar price range, less headaches. I couldn't argue with that one

NSXLuvr said:
One thing I noticed is that the Porsche guys who could afford a Ferrari rarely do it. I asked a few porsche guys about this. Many of them said they owned a Ferrari once. They also said they would never do it again. They got tired to the poor build quality, and mulitple issues that required towing/serving to the Ferrari dealership. Instead, they get a TT, and a GT3 or a cup car for track days. 2 cars, 2 different roles, similar price range, less headaches. I couldn't argue with that one

Exactly the same thing down here... A lot of the Porsche guys have owned Ferraris and swear they wouldn't own another one for exactly the same reasons...

One interesting fact as well... Quite a few of the 360 owners (both F1 and 6speed) have traded their Ferrari 360's for the Gallardo... Stating that there was no comparison... The Gallardo was faster, better build quality, etc.

I just got my new issue of Car & Driver and they tested the F430. 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. Faster than the F-40, F-50 and the Gallardo. Very impressive.

Eric5273 said:
I just got my new issue of Car & Driver and they tested the F430. 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. Faster than the F-40, F-50 and the Gallardo. Very impressive.

Also remember that test was performed in one direction only, going slightly downhill. Note exactly accurate.

Hello eveyone,

What about-supercharged NSX, can anyone give a comparing of that against the Ferraris?
Just curious. :rolleyes:

NsXMas said:
Hello wanttobe - I still don't think a SC NSX can compare to a 360. A 355, maybe, but not the 360 - not the same league.

I agree. From what I've read, a SC will give a 97+ NSX around 415 hp. A F355 has 380 hp and a 200 lb weight advantage over the NSX (2900 lbs), so that would be a good comparison in terms of acceleration.

Ferrari has been notorious in the past for overstating hp.I have driven a few 355's in the past and don't feel they accelerate any faster than my modded na 96.fwiw.

NsXMas said:
Hello wanttobe - I still don't think a SC NSX can compare to a 360. A 355, maybe, but not the 360 - not the same league.

I disagree. A supercharged 97+ NSX should have no trouble keeping up with a 360 except maybe a CS. Both cars trap around the same speed in the 1/4.

It was comical to watch the 360 drivers, It looked like 2 kids at their first track day. Frustrating for the s2000 driver.
I am not a 360 fan, originally I wanted a 355 spider until looked at a few, drove one, then fell in love with the NSX. I now have 2 NSX's for less than I would have paid for a 355.
For what its worth, the 355's,360's, and cs's I have come across at the track have not been hard to put to behind. Its much more a function of drivers ability.(or lack there of).
The more I drive my NSX the more I want to drive it.
The more a Ferarri Driver drives his/her car(then it breaks down) the less they want to drive it. :smile:
Dont get me wrong, If I had 200K burning a whole in my pocket I would probably put a deposit on a 430, But???

i think it's silly to compare a SC NSX to a 360...as it's not just about the numbers but an overall feel. Not to point out the obvious of comparing a modded car to a stock car, how's about a SC NSX vs Turbo 360? :D

Given a choice of a 2000 NSX vs a 1995 F355, all service & insuranced paid for by others, which would you take?

Too bad life is not always so simple...

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the info. on the SC NSX it’s one of the mods. I plan to do after purchasing one. Long as I can take on the newer vetts I’ll be happy! The first time I dove a NSX back in the mid 90’s (a 95T British Racing Green). The owner stated that, “he had owed Ferraris and Porsche in Europe and they were shit compared to the NSX.” He said, you could not beat the reliable of the Honda. Anyhow that’s
my in put on the subject. Have a great day you sick freaks, quoting Glenn Beck. :biggrin:

THonda said:
i think it's silly to compare a SC NSX to a 360...as it's not just about the numbers but an overall feel. Not to point out the obvious of comparing a modded car to a stock car, how's about a SC NSX vs Turbo 360? :D

Given a choice of a 2000 NSX vs a 1995 F355, all service & insuranced paid for by others, which would you take?

Too bad life is not always so simple...

I don't think it is silly to compare a SC NSX to a 360. I can buy a 97 NSX for 45K add 10K for a CTSC and be competitive for a 360 which costs 3x that amount.

As for your second questions, if the ferrari included a loaner car for all the time it would be in the shop, I would take the ferrrai. Of course, the Ferrari price is still far higher than a 2000 NSX.

NetViper said:
I don't think it is silly to compare a SC NSX to a 360. I can buy a 97 NSX for 45K add 10K for a CTSC and be competitive for a 360 which costs 3x that amount.

As for your second questions, if the ferrari included a loaner car for all the time it would be in the shop, I would take the ferrrai. Of course, the Ferrari price is still far higher than a 2000 NSX.

I would be interested to see a professional driver taking a sc NSX vs a 360 on the track to see which does better, no bias opinion just really want to know.

competitive "number" wise maybe...but that's about it :) Regardless NSX is a Great car for the money!

Back