• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comparing 360 w/ NSX :)

vdavie said:
94, 25k miles. springs, sway bars, headers, exhaust and wheels.
vince

Ok, well, that makes sense. I think a 97+ NSX with similar mods would be just as fast as your 355 (stock).

NetViper said:
Ok, well, that makes sense. I think a 97+ NSX with similar mods would be just as fast as your 355 (stock).

it is, i raced my buddy's 95 F355 no cats & tubi, dead even to about 100mph, had to slow down for traffic. I have a 2000.

So are you saying a 355 will be the same speed as my '03 NSX? I had figured since the 355 had 90 more hp and was 200 lbs less that it would be quite a bit faster. According to the car magazines I read, it was good for 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. The best number I have seen for my NSX is 4.9 seconds in a Road & Track test done a couple of years ago.

Eric5273 said:
So are you saying a 355 will be the same speed as my '03 NSX?

No, I am saying with some light mods (I/H/E) and maybe a little weight loss it will be very close.

vdavie said:
WhiteNSXs, getting a bit personal aren't we? no need to call names. If you read what i have said, not once did i bash anbody or call the stupid or weak. This is the problem with some owners of some brands, they think there car is the best..well its not. Eric was correct in what i said, the materials in the Ferrari is much higher quality than the NSX..period. As far as the paint, well my 355 is Yellow and i have no problems at all. Look at the resale on these cars, i have read where some had said the 360 will go down in value when the 430 is out, however, to get a 430 you will have to wait a long, long time unless you are pretty well connected, and we will just have to wait and see. They are not making a new NSX for a reason, people will not pay that kind of money for the car anymore, to many "better" cars for the money. Like i have said, i own both and really like both but they are not equal IMO.

V
There you go again. What is your point anyway? There is nothing personal. Who called you names?? It's all debate based on what you said. So you have been telling people that your Ferrari 355's build quality is "heads above" the NSX. People object and you told them that one needs to own a Ferrari to comment on that. I object to your reasoning and attitude. If anyone is being personal, it is you that who projected these as "names" and personal attack. YOU are the one that blindingly believe and brag about Ferrari 355 having better build quality than the NSX. You did not say the "material" was better. You said "build quality." Eric just came to your rescue and you just latched onto that. :rolleyes:
Steve

gheba_nsx said:
Honestly I cannot see how a stock NSX can be as fast as a stock 355... that's out of logic and unrealistic.

They are "close", but consistently the NSX will lose.

I didn't say stock. No question a stock NSX will lose -- especially 91-96.

gheba_nsx said:
Honestly I cannot see how a stock NSX can be as fast as a stock 355... that's out of logic and unrealistic.

They are "close", but consistently the NSX will lose.

only one way to find out, find a local F355 for a friendly straight line race :) I would not have believed it if i didn't do it.

Eric5273 said:
So are you saying a 355 will be the same speed as my '03 NSX? I had figured since the 355 had 90 more hp and was 200 lbs less that it would be quite a bit faster. According to the car magazines I read, it was good for 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. The best number I have seen for my NSX is 4.9 seconds in a Road & Track test done a couple of years ago.

what was the 1/4 mile times and trap speeds? I have no idea just asking as 0-60 really means nothing for street runs.

Keep in mind that most 355 you encounter will be at least 5 years old and if it's a F1 don't bother wasting your gas.

gheba_nsx said:
So where is the FordGT to race against? Until it spanks my ass I would not believe it... ;)

Come to think of it, I have never raced a Mclaren F1. Until it spanks me, I won't believe it. Of course, I may need binoculars to see it at the end of the 1/4 miles. :biggrin:

THonda said:
what was the 1/4 mile times and trap speeds? I have no idea just asking as 0-60 really means nothing for street runs.

Keep in mind that most 355 you encounter will be at least 5 years old and if it's a F1 don't bother wasting your gas.

I don't really remember the 1/4 mile times.

What is most important?
Straight line speed or cornering and lap times?

The only F355's and F360's I have met on several occasions on track that were realy faster than a NSX, were the lighter SC's. I may be wrong, but the Ferrari drivers I have met were lousy drivers or I have met the wrong ones.

When comparing HP's between a NSX and a Ferrari, you have to have in mind, that the engine of a Ferrari is placed in the length direction of the car. This means a lot more drivetrain loss. The engine of the NSX is placed transverse.

Ferrari.com has the all models of the F355 to be at 13 seconds @ 1/4 mile....not sure what the spec for the newer NSX is...but I would assume it's 13.x so it's not like comparing the nsx to a 11 second or 12 second car :)

the staright line performance means nothing to me as if the F355 was a full second slower but with the NSX like built quaility and upkeep cost I would rather the F355 :)

Ok WhiteNSX,bring your little white car down to sunnyvale or ? and we can put this to rest to see what car is faster. I dont think its going to rain this weekend..let me know. If your car is as fast as your mouth i don't stand a chance.

v

vdavie said:
Ok WhiteNSX,bring your little white car down to sunnyvale or ? and we can put this to rest to see what car is faster. I dont think its going to rain this weekend..let me know. If your car is as fast as your mouth i don't stand a chance.

v
Hi Vince,

Steve (WhiteNSXs) owns a Black CTSC NSX now, so he's probably going to be faster than you in a straight line :D on a road course might be a bit different though ;)

BTW: Where you able to get the laptimes for the F355 vs NSX?

Thanks,

Ken

P.S. I'm in AZ now so I'll send you a PM later on about the drive on the GT3

My invite is for a stock NSX to race my stock 355 F1. This is not a grudge match it's just to put this to rest. no bad blood on my side.

vince

vdavie said:
My invite is for a stock NSX to race my stock 355 F1. This is not a grudge match it's just to put this to rest. no bad blood on my side.

vince

I thought we had already established that stock to stock, a NSX is slower. Why do we need a race?

Back