• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech Autorotor SC wiring install question

MvM

Legendary Member
I am in the middle of the install of a Comptech Autorotor Superscharger on my 3.2 NSX-T (that is, my mechanic is).

We are in the process of getting everything ready for the final install but have a question about two wires we cannot find in the install manual.

Under the CT intake manifold, near the Boost valve (vacuum valve?), we have to wires, one RED and one BROWN.
The vacuum tube (about 30") goes to the boost switch.

I have no idea where we should attach these wires to.

Can anyone help us out with this?

Here is a picture of all my CTSC parts.
The wires I am asking about are those next/around the valve on the left side of the intake manifuld (pictured upside down).

Comptech_SC_Autorotor.jpg

it is a kind of pressure switch, but I have no idea where to hook it up.

It looks as if you have two pressure switches for the voltage doubler, one directly installed on the underside of the mainfold with the wires and one to the left of the red FPR. I have absolutely no idea why you need two of them in a 97??? I've only one in my 91. Mine is not installed directly onto the intake mainfold. I've a long hose connected to the underside which goes to the pressure switch which is located next to the fuel filter. Those two wires have to be connected to the red voltage doubler to let it know when you're under boost. I'd not mount the pressure switch to the underbody for serving reasons.

I'm on my mobile so this will be short and sweet.

You have two pressure switches. You only need one. Remove the one on the bottom of the IM. You'll regret leaving that there if you're trouble shooting later.

The pressure switch is designed to trip a relay when it sees boost. The relay powers the red amp which then bumps up the fuel pump voltage.

In one of my old threads I linked up the Autorotor 1.7L Comptech Install PDF. It's A MUST READ. You can search for it i'm sure...

EDIT!!!: I'm with Goldie... I don't know if the 3.2 uses two pressure switches. I can't see why it would but it might for some reason. I have a 91.

- - - Updated - - -

Also clean the butterfly bypass valve while you're in there. You don't want that thing to get stuck open.

Last edited:
My main question would be if any of the SC guys ever mounted the pressure switch directly to the underside of the intake mainfold.
My second question to the SC guys would be where the second pressure switch is electrically attached to. I have absolutely no clue where.

Maarten was asking me before he opened a thread here, his mechanic HAS the installation manual. The confusion comes from having two pressure-switches supplied in the used kit.

GoldNSX, thanks for your input.

RYU, also thanks for your input as well. I DID pull a CTSC install from Prime, just don't know for sure if it was yours.
Was trying to find your description but haven't found it yet.

I have sent a mail to Shad from Driving Ambition and Chris at SOS, but haven't received their answer yet.

If I get a final answer, I will post it here :)

Thanx guys for all the replies.

I got an answer from CT Engineering.
The second valve on the manifold is actually not supposed to be there and is not needed.
Their advice is to remove it and plug the opening or otherwise simply not use it.
Which is exactly what I am going to do :)

Do have another question though.
On the Autorotor body, there are two small exit tubes which are covered and closed off by two rubber tips.

Do these have a special purpose? And if not in use, did you keep using the rubber tips or did you close them up in another way.

NSX_CTSC_tubes.jpg

I guess these remain closed but I have the Lysholm (thrid version) not the Autorotor unit. On the intake mainfold you should have three attachment points for three of five OEM hoses. You don't need the extra 'valves' IMO.

Back