• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech car, Smart Purchase?

I just bought, subject to inspection, a 99 NSXT Comptech car with 16K miles for $65K.
Tomorrow a mechanic inspects it, Any ideas of
specific warning signs, or things to look for? Is the Comptech a poor choice for reliabilty & resale. It's the yellow one on ebay, through Exotic Car wholesalers in Florida. Signed very very excited, but scared
buying the hot rod model long distance.

Seems expensive - you could've bought this Comptech Zanardi for $10K less - see the thread a couple of rows down from this one.

Hey. Congrats on the purchase. I was also looking into that car; heard back from Joe Cimino from ECW earlier today, and he mentioned that he had a deposit on it. So, I guess you're the lucky buyer.

Personally, I think the $65K is little high, but as far as Comptech goes, I've been reading NSXPrime for a while, and haven't read anything negative about the Comptech SC. From what I know, it's a very reliable setup. If you like the car, go for it!

-Awais

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

Originally posted by Bob Covington:
I just bought, subject to inspection, a 99 NSXT Comptech car with 16K miles for $65K.
Tomorrow a mechanic inspects it, Any ideas of
specific warning signs, or things to look for? Is the Comptech a poor choice for reliabilty & resale. It's the yellow one on ebay, through Exotic Car wholesalers in Florida. Signed very very excited, but scared
buying the hot rod model long distance.

I looked at that car a while back. The interior was flawless. The passenger rear quarter had pretty poor paintwork done to it, considering how the rest of the car is so equipped. E.C.W. readily admitted it to me though. You may want to re-do it or at least get it wet-sanded and buffed. You can tell that the panel was never removed from the car, but I think there is more to the story than just the previous owner backing out into a garbage can.
confused.gif

The back tires had about 15% tread life left. I was surprised they'd put a hi-line in the showroom with bad tires.

Other than that the car was pretty amazing. I passed because I felt the price was too high considering the slow market for $50,000+ cars.

I'm sure you will love the car. I never drove it or mechanically inspected it, but I believe they said the warranty was good through next August, so you shouldn't have to much to worry about there. Check out the clutch.

I can't find the car anywhere so I can't give you any specific comments... The car could be a good deal depending what the mods are, as long as they are modifications you want.

But in general:

There is nothing that unique about Comptech mods that you need to check differently before buying the car. If it has a supercharger it would be nice to know the oil was changed regularly.

Be careful dealing with Exotic Cars Wholesale. Some other people have had very negative experiences. http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/dealers_and_service/exoticcarwholesale.htm

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 06 December 2002).]

Be careful dealing with Exotic Cars Wholesale. Some other people have had very negative experiences. http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/dealers_and_service/exoticcarwholesale.htm

Re: those previous feedback, I can assure you the car is there. It was actually probably one of the least expensive cars in their showroom. I got the typical car salesman push from them...They told me they had the car sold and someone was coming to buy it that day, so I better put a deposit down quick if I want it.

Didnt make much sense to me. The car originated out of scottsdale, AZ.

Lud, I think it was actually posted here several months ago, although I can't find it now. They wrote that it was "Comptech from the factory" and were corrected by Anytime or someone else, that it was actually comptech'ed at the dealer before delivery.

I think you left 10k on the table...you can buy 99's for 50k all day long and add your own charger for 8k.At least you would know your the only one beating the hell out of her.

Originally posted by NSEXTASY:
I think you left 10k on the table...you can buy 99's for 50k all day long and add your own charger for 8k.At least you would know your the only one beating the hell out of her.
Really? 99's for 50k all day?
Where?
Comptech SC for a Targa AT 8k?
Where?

Bob have you driven a SC NSX?
If you're excited now wait til' you do, you're gonna love it.

[This message has been edited by pbassjo (edited 08 December 2002).]

Back