• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech "high boost" setup

Is anybody running 91mm (Comptech "high boost") Autorotor-based pulley with a high pressure / high flow fuel pump (Walbro 255 lph standard pressure fuel pump) and 370cc injectors?

Last edited:
I will be running high boost as soon as I get my tuner scheduled. I believe I have 440 cc injectors though. Chris @ SOS took care of my parts. I also have the Laminova Intercooler ready to install with it. Gotta get those charge temps lower!

Im looking for anyone who's using the underlined parts required for the "high boost" setup.

Autorotor-based pulley available:
91mm (Comptech "high boost")

Approximate pressure:
3.0L NSX: 8.5 psi
3.2L NSX: 7.5 psi

Parts required:
high pressure / high flow fuel pump
370cc injectors

Highly recommended:
AEM EMS
AEM Dual Channel UEGO
1:1 Fuel Pressure Regulator
substitute 370cc injectors for 550cc

86mm (Comptech "higher boost")
(note: due to the increased CFM generated by the Autorotor supercharger, we do not recommend the installation of this pulley on NSXes with out standalone engine management such as the AEM EMS. Further, we recommend the pulley to only be used on engines built with lower compression forged pistons.)

Approximate pressure:
3.0L NSX: 10.5 psi
3.2L NSX: 9.5 psi

Parts required:
550cc injectors
shorter supercharger belt (sold separately below)
AEM EMS
AEM Dual Channel UEGO
1:1 Fuel Pressure Regulator

I am actually picking mine up from Driving Ambition tomorrow. Along with the high boost pulley, I had the AEM FIC installed as well as 550cc injectors and 255lph fuel pump.

Shad baselined the car prior to high boost install at 345wrhp 244TQ. The car now puts down 385rwhp and 280TQ, a gain of 40rwhp and 36ft/lbs TQ. More importantly Shad said the Air Fuel ratio was right on the money. Boost pressure was between 9 and 10 psi. I will post dyno graphs tomorrow when I get the car back.

Is anybody running 91mm (Comptech "high boost") Autorotor-based pulley with a high pressure / high flow fuel pump (Walbro 255 lph standard pressure fuel pump) and 370cc injectors?

Last edited:
I have all of the following like you asked except my injectors are 550 cc instead of what you listed.

Autorotor-based pulley available:
91mm (Comptech "high boost")

Approximate pressure:
3.0L NSX: 8.5 psi
3.2L NSX: 7.5 psi

Parts required:
550cc injectors

What is the point of the thread? You just want to see who is running high boost setups?

Last edited:
The point of the thread is to find someone that is running the 91mm pulley on an Autorotor CTSC on an NA1 motor with out an AEM EMS/FIC application successfully.

The point of the thread is to find someone that is running the 91mm pulley on an Autorotor CTSC on an NA1 motor with out an AEM EMS/FIC application successfully.

Save yourself some aggravation, if you want to run more boost than the 6-7lbs you get from the stock CTSC and you are not going to run meth/water injection as a safety margin, then upgrade the injectors and add the FIC or AEM ECU. If you add more boost you need to have control over timing and fuel. The FIC is a simple solution to this problem, easy to program and the stock ECU handles all the non-boost functions of engine management.

I do not think you will find too many people running above 8lbs without making the above mentioned mods. My car ran the 9lb (really 7.5-8lbs) Whipple setup on 370cc and I still made the move to the AEM and larger injectors just to get the tune right with a margin of error for safety. Without the control of the new ECU or FIC you will have a rich idle and a few lean dips and rich peaks in your fuel curve, and no way to dial them out, and the worst part is you have no method of controlling timing.

Either spend the money now for the engine management or do not do the pulley, just an opinion.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I got basically the same answer from Chris at Sos, yet he is in business to make money. I can't figure out why Sos offers the "high boost" package with required parts that won't work properly without the highly recomended parts. The fact is I've heard as many pros as cons on both the AEM EMC and the AEM FIC and dont want to be added to the list of people that "it never really worked right afterwords"! Now I wish someone would try the Laminova Intercooler without AEM EMS or FIC on a low boost CTSC!

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying, but about the AEM ECU and the FIC it is all about the tune and the tuner. If it is done correctly the car will drive like stock, if not done correctly it will not.

Best of luck,

Dave

Back