• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech Pro Suspension: Bump/Rebound settings

Fellow Prime members who have the Comptech Pro Suspension Kit. I am setting up mine next week and would like to know what levels your selecting for rebound and compression. I will be using it for mixed use of street and track. Some suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

I use these settings: bump at 5 clicks from full soft on all four shocks. Rebound on the front is at 7 sweep, and rear at 5 sweep.

Mine is much more geared towards track performance than street comfort so the above would be a good start and then adjust as necessary.

I have set these similar to Shawn on Peter's 1997 car, we are running 6/6 bump/rebound on all shocks. It is a little tough for the street, but great on the track:).

Regards,
LarryB

I believe Shad (former Comptech) recommends 6/6 for a good starting point for the track.

I currently have mine set on 2/2 for the street. Before I leave for the track I adjust the Compression (to 6 clicks) and then adjust the Rebound when I get there as I can do that by just jacking up the car and reaching over the tires without having to take the wheels off.

Having to take the top of the shock out of the top mount to adjust the Compression (Bump) is a royal PITA. I can do all four now in about 1/2 hour, but it's still a PITA to have to mount/dismount all 4 wheels.

Back