• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech SC and ECU remapping

Hi
smile.gif

I'm thinking about purchasing the CTSC 6psi kit, and it would be interesting to know the results if anyone dynoed after installation, and then had to car remapped & dynoed (either stand-alone ECU or chip-tuning.

I understand the only things that are included in this kit is an upgraded fuel pump and a pressure regulator.

Or have I got it wrong ??

Trond.

[This message has been edited by Trond (edited 15 January 2003).]

The CTSC standard kit includes electronics to appropriately bump the voltage to your fuel pump and a RRFPR to increase fuel pressure with rising boost. Works fine, don't lose any sleep over it. AEM or equivalent will permit you to get rid of RRFPR and provide you with better A/F ratio control under boost.

How does the Comptech SC handle ignition timing? Does it use a new chip or use stock chip (ie. stock timing)? It has been proven that some ignition retard is required under boost.

As nearly as I can tell, there's no provision for retard except the stock knock sensors. So for an OBD-I car, an AEM setup would be a good addition, but unfortunately it isn't available for OBD-II NSXs.

Back