• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comtech sc boost upgrade.

I currently have a comtech sc whipple on a 93 nsx. I have the 6lb pulley on. I would like to put the 8 lb pulley on. What other mods do i have to do? (fuel pump, injectors or ecm?) the car has headers.

I currently have a comtech sc whipple on a 93 nsx. I have the 6lb pulley on. I would like to put the 8 lb pulley on. What other mods do i have to do? (fuel pump, injectors or ecm?) the car has headers.

Fuel Pump, Injector, AEM FIC, remove your boost a pump and the FPR...,.. maybe more... Thats all i can think of right now.

ive looked into this in the past and it doesnt seem worth it, as far as cost goes u know.. for the high boost upgrade, it would be better to sell your low boost setup and with the combine of what you would spend for the upgrade, u can get Angus's turbo kit and tune it for 400rwhp.. unless u want to keep the supercharger setup then go for it.. i just didn't think it would worth while, so i skip it.. kept it at 6lbs boost.. still fun to drive though.. so much less headache like my friend with over 500hp sos sc setup.. always something need done, lately especially..

ive looked into this in the past and it doesnt seem worth it, as far as cost goes u know.. for the high boost upgrade, it would be better to sell your low boost setup and with the combine of what you would spend for the upgrade, u can get Angus's turbo kit and tune it for 400rwhp.. unless u want to keep the supercharger setup then go for it.. i just didn't think it would worth while, so i skip it.. kept it at 6lbs boost.. still fun to drive though.. so much less headache like my friend with over 500hp sos sc setup.. always something need done, lately especially..

Good point. I am not really sure how much you would feel an extra 20hp and if the car is super reliable at 6# then why mess with it.

Cant i just throw on the 8lb pulley?

No you can't unless you want to run lean and blow the motor.

Its Comptech with a P not comtech.

U should do some search on prime. Lots of info floating around regarding high boost upgrade. Then u can decide for yourself what u want to do. Some ppl prefer supercharge, some like turbo. U gonna have to spend atleast 2-3 grand when its all said and done. Parts and tuning, labors for install.. And for about 20hp maybe? Someone correct me if im wrong please, cant remember how much it improve.. Anyway, read up and decide for yourself.

U should do some search on prime. Lots of info floating around regarding high boost upgrade. Then u can decide for yourself what u want to do. Some ppl prefer supercharge, some like turbo. U gonna have to spend atleast 2-3 grand when its all said and done. Parts and tuning, labors for install.. And for about 20hp maybe? Someone correct me if im wrong please, cant remember how much it improve.. Anyway, read up and decide for yourself.

You're right 20+
but it wasn't even worth it for me to change my low boost for a 9lb pulley, prelude si injectors, and and adjustment fpr etc. for just $1500. That's for an obd1 car.

You would gain about 30 + with an AEM, RC injectors and sell off some of the comptech parts. So that's more than 2k without tuning...It just wasn't worth it.

This is considering I already have an aftermarket fuel pump and comptech clutch installed. So you would be talking much more without those major items...

Last edited:
I gained 49 rwhp on my 3.0 autorotor when I went high boost. I did injectors, fuel pump, pulley and the FIC. Chris at SOS did the tuning.

Both my brother and I gained 40-45 rwhp with our Autorotors with the same set-up above.

I play with my whipple cause I have the parts and I like to tinker a bit.
I already had the fuel pump so that was easy.
I use the 8 and 9 lb pulleys and different RRFPR's.
I did run 9 lbs with the stock injectors with the fuel pressure cranked up and super duper octane booster. It was fast but dangerous, but thats how I roll! lol.
I now have the 360cc injectors in and the FIC and the 9lb pulley and the car runs real nice.
Just stick with the 6 lbs and have fun.
Its just too much work to mess around for nothing really.
Just my 2 cents.
Trev

I play with my whipple cause I have the parts and I like to tinker a bit.
I already had the fuel pump so that was easy.
I use the 8 and 9 lb pulleys and different RRFPR's.
I did run 9 lbs with the stock injectors with the fuel pressure cranked up and super duper octane booster. It was fast but dangerous, but thats how I roll! lol.
I now have the 360cc injectors in and the FIC and the 9lb pulley and the car runs real nice.
Just stick with the 6 lbs and have fun.
Its just too much work to mess around for nothing really.
Just my 2 cents.
Trev

Op,
Hes the man you want to ask if u decide to do it. Seems like he went through just about everything u could on the upgrade, 8lbs, 9lbs..etc..

After the injectors and fic what did you run on dyno? How much improvement?
On a different note: Its actually spelled ct- engineering now!

Back