• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Considering a salvage 1993 NSX Automatic purchase

Hi there... Some advice would be greatly appreciated. Considering the purchase of an automatic transmissioned NSX #2 in my preferred color: Sebring Silver. I should not have sold my first one, but I should be keeping the next one I find for a while. Does anyone know any information on this car? It was a Florida vehicle before coming to SoCal. Salvaged due to front a front pass accident but repaired professionally. It is being sold by a reputable dealer. I called and spoke to them and they gave me a price of $29,500 with a mileage of 155,550. I just missed out on an automatic in Emeryville, California in Aug 2019 that was on Bring a Trailer. But that one had a clean title. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

vin?

Hi there... Some advice would be greatly appreciated. Considering the purchase of an automatic transmissioned NSX #2 in my preferred color: Sebring Silver. I should not have sold my first one, but I should be keeping the next one I find for a while. Does anyone know any information on this car? It was a Florida vehicle before coming to SoCal. Salvaged due to front a front pass accident but repaired professionally. It is being sold by a reputable dealer. I called and spoke to them and they gave me a price of $29,500 with a mileage of 155,550. I just missed out on an automatic in Emeryville, California in Aug 2019 that was on Bring a Trailer. But that one had a clean title. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Agree the VIN would help. I would be very cautious about any car coming out of Florida with a salvage title. There are a lot of shady operators in Florida who will wash titles and conceal major structural damage. You want to keep this car for a long time, so I would hate for you to get this car only to later discover it needs serious frame work. If possible, you should have the car taken to an NSX expert and inspect the unibody under the passenger front fender, which requires removing the fender. I would also check the passenger frame rail to make sure it is not bent, crinkled or showing other evidence of damage/repair like excessive undercoating. Honestly, I don't know if I would pay more than $20,000 for a salvage AT, unless I knew for sure that there were no structural issues. Figure a major structural repair will cost $20,000 and the car will have to be shipped to someone like Joe L. in NY to do the work right. At the dealer's price, you're at $49,500+ right there. Thus, I'd be real real careful about pulling the trigger. There are other AT cars out there...

Back