• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

coolant cap is bad....what to replace it with?

Can I use just a standard acura radiator cap? I see plenty of aftermarket ones....

AFAIK, the NSX coolant cap is unique to itself.

The only other one I know that will fit the NSX besides the OEM is a S2000 one or an aftermarket one for the S2000.

Hope that helps.

--
George

Not sure if this applies to all years of NSX, or if the pressure is the same, but the '90-'93 Integra cap fits my '94. Quite a few other cars' caps will fit too, including most early '90s Japanese ones (all Nissans will fit). But again, pressures will vary. Stay between the specified 14-18psi. The aftermarket loves to sell the benefits of higher pressure in the cooling system, but they won't be around to pay for a new heater core if yours bursts.

No, because there isn't one on the radiator. :smile:

guess its obvious i havent spent any time under that end yet. i stripped the smelly carpet in the trunk, removed all the factory installed cellular crud, and installed a new filter. i havent gone up front to tinker yet :D

i just saw the one on the rear and thought it bore a striking resemblance to the cusco one i put on my s2k.

thanks for bonking me in the head tho :D

According to Stant the S2000 cap is not the same interface as the NSX. It may thread on, but if the plunger is not the correct length it will either keep the pressure too high or it won't keep any pressure at all. IIRC in this case the cap won't hold any pressure.

Whats the part number then smart guys?:cool:

Rob, Did you just get up... turn on the computer and hit the REPLY button to the first thread that you came to?:wink:

Brad

obiviously!!! :biggrin:

thread is silly so i saved 10 minutes of my life and got right down to the solution. :tongue:

happy happy motoring

Rob:smile:

I have replace mine with the HKS 1.1 bar cap. So far no problem.

SWIFTVISION, call JR at Ray Laks Acura, 1-888-RAY-LAKS and he'll give you the best price out there and shiping is free.

Cheers
nigel

Back