• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Corvette C7 leaks

http://jalopnik.com/5975352/the-2014-corvette-this-is-it

xlarge.jpg

original.jpg

I think thats just the prototype the production car will look like the regular vette LOL they never change thats why their sales are the worst. and resale value is lower than a honda accord.
American junk like everything else

I for one can't wait to see what they release. Even if it's not to your liking, I don't think it would classify even close to being junk. At least it's not going to have electric motors in it's newest form:rolleyes:

I look forward to the new Vette. It is great car for the price. You cant beat the performace per dollar and I have always enjoyed them anytime I have driven them. They are just to dime-a-dozen for me.

This isn't the prototype, this is the car. Terrible rear taillights and all... The rest of the car looks fantastic though.

If that is the car i like the more integrated fastback rear design..the older vettes had a rather featureless expanse of glass and plastic.

I think thats just the prototype the production car will look like the regular vette LOL they never change thats why their sales are the worst. and resale value is lower than a honda accord.
American junk like everything else

Had my c6 for 4 years. Not a single issue. Fantastic car and far from junk.

Looking forward to the c7.

Chevrolet's big reveal happens today 7pm EST. While Corvettes are not really my thing, Chevy resurrecting it from the terrible 70s and 80s, and evolving the car since has been an interesting journey. This is supposedly a new direction, I'm curious to see how new it really is. A seriously updated interior would be a start...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zsQGcD0TJvw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The front and rear looks absolutely badass. Not sure I like the GTR side profile but this car is sooooo tempting already. Especially compared with honda's butt faced NSX 2.0

I watched gm's little show. Car looks a bit over worked but overall I think they've done a good job cosmetically. Performance wise, I'm not sure what else you can ask for from a 50k car. CF roof and hood, 450hp/450tq with reasonable gas mileage, and their "5x stiffer" claim is one of many times they were open about the c6's weaknesses and tackled them head on. I look forward to getting to drive it.

Now you have a choice between a shitty seat and hopefully a less shitty seat. LOL... it's as if they just couldn't get themselves to give up the poor quality seat alltogether, they had to design and offer a second. Stealing vented hood aero from the type R... LOL

It's not a bad looking car though I bet the Z06 version will look good.

Chevy should have named it the Gamvetto. It looks like an orgy between a GTR, Camaro, and Corvette.

A least they copied and mixed up some cars whereas the NSX 2.0 just copied the R8 :) Plus their result looks good, Honda's is another failure.

I like it. Not sure about the rear end, but I like the rest. I want to see more interior shots.

For the first time... I want to drive a corvette again. I drove a C6 and hated it.

I really like it a lot. I feel they could have gone farther in the interior than they did, but it will look different when sitting in it. It looks fantastic in a lot of different angles. But I am not sure I can get past the Camaroesque tailights...

7 speed manual with rev match... best part of the whole car.

That's a serious step forward although I can't believe they kept the leaf springs. Whatever, it works, they are pretty good track performers now and I imagine they will only get better.

Corvette is an old man's car and I think this is the first step GM is taking to change that, like they did with Cadillac way back to appeal to some younger people. The rear end is dramatically different and very much "in your face". It's ugly, plastic and aggressive.... and I love it!

There is no doubt in my mind that this car will get nicknamed a "poor man's Viper" or a "poor man's 599". But it looks decent and it's nice to know that GM wasn't asleep during this process. They've been paying attention.

In your face world! 'Murrica!

Last edited:
Back