• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Could This Be the NSX 2.0 Power Plant?

I think this will only be exclusive to professional racing. Highly doubt honda will put in mass production. Hope I'm wrong, would be a breast motor for the new nsx.

What could be "Earth Dreamier" than a light weight 2.2 ltr twin turbo with 500 HP and three electric moters adding an additional 110 HP in a 3,350 lb car? The car's weight would be less with this engine. I don't know by how much but maybe 50 lbs.

I know I'm dreaming but, the other hypercars are running much larger engines at 4 lb/hp or lower power to rate ratios. (The NSX is projected to have 6 lbs/hp.) If NSX truly is New Sportscar Experimental, I would think Honda's best racing tech would be incorporated somewhere. To be honest, I'm not interested in a performance car that has a new computer screen and buttons that are "light up bling intended to amaze".

I'm sure that Acura's price point will drive the performance of the new NSX as compared to the other hypercars. And maybe that is what will sell it. For the price of a 911 you can get hypercar technology and most of the performance.

Crap! I just talked myself into wanting one!:biggrin:

Don't think Honda is looking to make a Hypercar by anything they've mentioned. Seems that most on the board keep missing everything Honda has been telling us about what they're thinking about the next NSX.

I think this will only be exclusive to professional racing. Highly doubt honda will put in mass production. Hope I'm wrong, would be a breast motor for the new nsx.

this new motor could be the mothers milk of engines.....electric implants and all........

What could be "Earth Dreamier" than a light weight 2.2 ltr twin turbo with 500 HP and three electric moters adding an additional 110 HP in a 3,350 lb car? The car's weight would be less with this engine. I don't know by how much but maybe 50 lbs.

I know I'm dreaming but, the other hypercars are running much larger engines at 4 lb/hp or lower power to rate ratios. (The NSX is projected to have 6 lbs/hp.) If NSX truly is New Sportscar Experimental, I would think Honda's best racing tech would be incorporated somewhere. To be honest, I'm not interested in a performance car that has a new computer screen and buttons that are "light up bling intended to amaze".

I'm sure that Acura's price point will drive the performance of the new NSX as compared to the other hypercars. And maybe that is what will sell it. For the price of a 911 you can get hypercar technology and most of the performance.

Crap! I just talked myself into wanting one!:biggrin:

Just checked and there is no 2.2 in the current ED line up.
http://world.honda.com/news/2011/4111130Earth-Dreams-Technology/

Back