• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Crank but no start..

Yes. With it jumpers I checked to make sure 3 was getting 12v with relay in socket with key on. Yeah I figured either one of those sensors would deal mainly with ignition and not the no fuel problem I'm having. Though I still don't know if it's getting ignition or not when trying to start

From pin #3 on the relay the yellow black wire goes to both the injector resistors and to two separate pins on the ECU. You can try tracing the wires; however, the easier way would be to get the pinout diagram for the ECU from the service manual. Check to make sure that the ECU is getting 12 v on both pins. If you have 12 v on both pins on the ECU, it is starting to look like you have an ECU problem. This would jive with your comment that the CEL is not illuminating on start-up. It may not be a dead ECU; but, a bad connection or loss of power (the connection to pin #3 on the main relay is not the only 12 v supply to the ECU). If you have access to another ECU, you could try a substitute ECU; however, I would personally go through the ECU test procedure set out in the service manual before trying a substitute ECU. Because of the number of connections to the ECU, that test procedure is rather long.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

So i decided to sell my fic setup and go ahead and get an used aem series 1, which i was able to install today, hoping that it would solve my problem. Turned the key "on" and heard the fuel pump come on! Being filled with joy i decided to go ahead and load up a basemap and the car cranked right up. So apparently my ecu was bad. If anyone wants a messed up ecu to fix and sell let me know haha.

Old Guy, thanks for all the help!

Back