• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cruise Control Mod

Not sure of Oz spec NSX's. Perhaps he is saying all four positions are used up already for the fogs, headlight aim & washer or other combination?

You dont really need the spare button spaces, we fabricated removed the blanks and fabricated the spaces to fit the cruise button shape.

Last edited:
Not sure of Oz spec NSX's. Perhaps he is saying all four positions are used up already for the fogs, headlight aim & washer or other combination?

Ah yes! That's right!

I did this mod on another nsx, UK spec model, so that had the 4 buttons too. The owner opted to replace front fog and either headlight wash or headlight aim/leveller, as he said he had never ever used them.

If you wanted to retain headlight wash, it could be wired into the screen wash, so when you wash your windscreen, you also wash the headlights, if I did this I would adapt it so it would only work when headlight are up.

With the cruise mod, I did it so you can return everything back to standard easy enough.

Another option I had was building separate pod or fitting the OEM cruise button in another location.

Last edited:
Not sure if it was asked yet or not but how much would it cost to fab up another cruise button mod and ship it out. I plan on doing the same.

Not sure if it was asked yet or not but how much would it cost to fab up another cruise button mod and ship it out. I plan on doing the same.

Not sure off hand, would need to purchase the 4 button panel first, and then do the mod. As the cars I worked on already had the 4 button panel, it was just modified.

I can price the panel for you if you like.

Sudesh I am also interested in this. I have the OEM cruise buttons (thanks Shawn!) and will fab up my own plate. What I am interested in is the wiring. I think it would be easier to wire the buttons directly to the cruise module rather than try to fish out and run the cable reel cord from the steering column into the center console. Any idea how to wire the switch directly to the cruise control module?

Sudesh I am also interested in this. I have the OEM cruise buttons (thanks Shawn!) and will fab up my own plate. What I am interested in is the wiring. I think it would be easier to wire the buttons directly to the cruise module rather than try to fish out and run the cable reel cord from the steering column into the center console. Any idea how to wire the switch directly to the cruise control module?

Yes this is possible, but it would be easier to wire to the SRS pins at the steering end I think.

Yeah please do if you don't mind.

No problem Ill get a price for you.

The panel would have to be purchased new, unless it could be found from a car that's being dismantled.

New price from Honda UK is £32.14 depending on exchange rate that's roughly $51.42, then it would need fabricated, painted again and posted.

I can work on those prices if your still interested.

Hi, Honcho.

Presuming your NSX is non-DBW model, then the cruise control is done though the stand alone controller box behind the glove box under the dashboard.

You can find the pin out of controller box in the ‘Engine Electrical’ section of the workshop manual.

All you need is a momentary input of high level (+12V) signal into the ‘SET’ and ‘CRUISE’ input port at the controller while the cruise control main switch is active and there is no cancel condition established.

You can get IG 12V power at the controller when the cruise main switch is active so all the wires will be terminated near the controller box and you can achieve what you described in your post.

As Sudesh mentioned, all of these (connection to SET & RESUME ports, 12V and horn sw) are already available on the SRS cable reel.
There is also 6pin yellow connector under the steering column where the other end of cable reel connects to and you can use it for this purpose as well.
Though, it could be better to simply finish everything at the controller side depending on where you are going to install the cruise set&resume switches.

Kaz

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:標準の表; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

Back