• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cruise control...problem?

Tonight I was driving on cruise and tapped my brakes to slow down. When I tried to re-engage the cruise it wouldn't go. I turned the cruse off, waited a bit, turned it back on and tried to engage it again, but nothing. Finally after my 4th or 5th attempt it came back to life. Should I be worried?

I had a similar problem and someone on NSXPrime suggested that it was a brake sensor malfunction. The test for that is the next time the Cruise Control won't engage, to place your left foot behind (below) the brake pedal and pull it up. The pedal won't move much but just enough to deactivate the brake sensor. Try it and let us know what happens. It worked for me.

NsXMas - yeah I was on the hiway

Olde Guy - thanks, I'll give that a shot.
Not to hijack my own thread but where in va are you? Are you going to the track day at summit point this weekend?

Saying I live in Northern VA is a bit misleading, I actually live in Stafford which is about 45 min south of DC. If Sunday goes well I hope to make it out to VIR next year, but being that this is my first time on a track we'll see.

Either the brake pedal sensor needs to be adjusted or replaced. Not expensive in either case. I just keep lifting the brake pedal with my left foot; it usually solves the problem for a while.

Last edited:
Yes, it's one of the sensor on the pedals. I can't remember if it was the clutch or the brake pedal sensor but I took me quite a while to hunt it down back then. The sensors are quite inexpensive.

Good luck.

Henry.

Back