• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC backfire?

I was driving my car sunday morning for about 20 miles (freeway). When I was heading back home, I accelerated back onto the freeway in 1st gear up to about 6k rpm and heard a light pop after shifting into 2nd gear. When I shifted to 3rd gear I heard the same light pop. It sounded like a knuckle popping, but was loud enough to hear over the exhaust. I have the 7psi pulley still and the factory ecu. I have not noticed this before. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

When I changed to a very free flowing exhaust I could finally hear the v-tech kicking in at 5800. It was a pretty good pop and caught me off gaurd at first. Could that be it??

Both of those could be the case. The AFR on mine is around 11:1, so I should probably check the spark plugs. I also have a Taitec GTLW, so the pop may have been the VTEC. I'll take the car in to get it looked at just in case it's something else too.

My turbo 240 would do the same thing. Youre prolly just running a bit rich and i bet if you could see the exhaust youre probably shooting a small flame out your exhaust. My 240 would shoot out a 4 foot flame on a hard 2 to 3 rd upshift. :)

Back