• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC Special Pricing through the end of March.

TURBO2GO said:
Brian, I think you are a good guy. I think you have been trying very hard and I do appreciate that, that is why I have been so patient. I will be the first to post on this board that I think you are a stand up guy and I would recommend you to any buyer.

But if you can't be responsible, and comptech can't be responsible, and the parts supplier can't be responsible, who is? We are talking over three months now... I was told two weeks. These two dates are not even close.

I would not be upset, if I was not asked to pay IN FULL up front for this thing. If they had a scheduling issue, someone at some point should have said... "hey, there is a problem, what would you like us to do?".. perhaps refund some of the money until the unit is ready to ship.

I can understand a deposit needed for commitment, but when someone asks for money in full, they need to have product to ship right then or shortly after at worst. Especially with this amount of money involved!

I am making this issue known because you are my contact. Not someone at Comptech, or Comptech's parts supplier in Hong Kong. I have had several "ship dates" that have not come to life. I mean a date is given, it comes and goes, and nothing happens. We are not talking about a $300 item here. This is close to a downpayment on a house.

Please try to see it from my viewpoint too. I gave a BIG chunk of money for a part that everyone is blaming someone else for its lack of delivery.

I realize you are a salesperson at Nopi, and a good one at that I will add. But how about Nopi or Comptech taking some sort of responsibility. I am willing to wait longer, but with a DEPOSIT. Its not fair to me either to have this amount of money tied up with no end in sight.

I am sorry if you think this should have been discreet and is not, but others on this forum also deal with the same vendors and manufacturers. I don't think its unreasonable for me to make a public post about a situation that can affect them as well.

Hopefully it will ship very soon, and we can forget about the mishap and move onto buying other goods from you. :smile: Please let me know if there is any further news.

Thanks.

Comptech has taken responsibility for their bad eta's but what else do you want them to do. Everyone that participated in this GB knows they could not get the Comptech CTSC for a better deal, it may have taken longer than expected but you still wouldn't get the same deal now because Comptech's prices went up April 4th. and noww the price offered for the GB is lower than our cost.

You and everyoe else was made fully aware that payment up front was required. When you ask why initially before the order I told you that we charged up front because the manufacturer charged us in full when we placed the order with them. The reason we charge in full up front on Special orders are for 2 reasons: 1) it's the oldest cleche in the book- one person can ruin it for everyone. Until a few years ago we did only accept half down on special orders until our company got burnt so many times on customers who did not have the money available once the prduct was ready to ship and they would avoid us until they did which sometimes took 2-3 months. 2) With the pricing everyone received on the GB, well lets just say profit was not in the vocabulary of this GB pricing. (If you need clarification and are one of the people in the GB, PM me and I will explain).

I realize that this is a large investment and I was told initially by Comptech that getting the order filled in a timely fashion should not be a problem. Obviously it did not work out like that. You, along with everyone else in the GB was made fully aware that the orders had to be paid in full and was given a minimum eta at the time of the order which was given to me by Comptech.

Lastly, no one has given me as much grief as you and Vance Hu and both of you were the last to order and I actually got you in on the GB after the 31st before my paperwork was turned in to Comptech. Like I said before: one person can ruin it for everyone. I tried to do you a favor by getting you in on the GB since you were late and now I am having to deal with all this that you have started. Almost makes me wish I hadn't made the extra effort to get you the deal and you have probably ruined it for anyone else needing the same favor.

Comptech assures me that the last to CTSC's should ship this Friday. If you would like to verify this please talk to Nate at Comptech. Their number is 916-933-1080. Hopefully this eta will be correct and we can move on. Thanks

Brian - I managed to get in on the group buy and fortunately my unit was only delayed a few weeks. As a business professional myself, I think you've done everything reasonable to manage a situation that you did not have direct control over - especially after Comptech assured you shipping would be timely. I know GBs must be difficult to manage especially with expensive items. I think many NSXers recognize this and appreciate that NOPI has enough influence in the aftermarket community to get us great prices on items that would otherwise be unaffordable upgrades. Thanks from a happy CTSC GB member.

-Brian

Listen, I am not in the car parts biz, and I do not know Brian (although I did buy my CTSC from Clint at NOPI). That said, I am in a similar business (ATV and motorcycle parts) and I have dealt with Comptech before for my NSX, so let me give you some feedback from a objective viewpoint.
1: Comptech is known for taking a good while to ship these kits. Ask nearly anyone who has ordered one before. The T kits seem to take longer due to the brace and engine cover (which the cover could be the holdup, and not the brace, allowing them to tell you that they have the braces in stock to ship, but still also validating the delay in shipping the CTSC kits). Also, there are a few other changes from a CTSC kit from a NA1 to NA2 and if one component for a NA2 is not in stock, it will hold up the order so keep that in mind.

2. When I (in my business) take an order that will be drop-shipped from a third party (like the NOPI/CT arrangement) I collect all money up front, as Brian is correct with his earlier post about not having the $$$ or the card declining when you try to collect the amount due at a later date. Also sometimes the shipper will ship the item without notifying you first and then the item is already on the way to the customer. If you can not get the card to approve the charge and the items are in transit, you are pretty much screwed unless you can get the customer to call you back and get the payment taken care of. This is a nail-biting way to do business and not many retailers will take this risk.

Shumdit said:
Listen, I am not in the car parts biz, and I do not know Brian (although I did buy my CTSC from Clint at NOPI). That said, I am in a similar business (ATV and motorcycle parts) and I have dealt with Comptech before for my NSX, so let me give you some feedback from a objective viewpoint.
1: Comptech is known for taking a good while to ship these kits. Ask nearly anyone who has ordered one before. The T kits seem to take longer due to the brace and engine cover (which the cover could be the holdup, and not the brace, allowing them to tell you that they have the braces in stock to ship, but still also validating the delay in shipping the CTSC kits). Also, there are a few other changes from a CTSC kit from a NA1 to NA2 and if one component for a NA2 is not in stock, it will hold up the order so keep that in mind.

2. When I (in my business) take an order that will be drop-shipped from a third party (like the NOPI/CT arrangement) I collect all money up front, as Brian is correct with his earlier post about not having the $$$ or the card declining when you try to collect the amount due at a later date. Also sometimes the shipper will ship the item without notifying you first and then the item is already on the way to the customer. If you can not get the card to approve the charge and the items are in transit, you are pretty much screwed unless you can get the customer to call you back and get the payment taken care of. This is a nail-biting way to do business and not many retailers will take this risk.

Well said. You hit the nail on the head with this post. I have been trying to explain this to some of the GB members but have been unable to get the point accross. Thank you.:smile:

briannopi said:
Lastly, no one has given me as much grief as you and Vance Hu and both of you were the last to order and I actually got you in on the GB after the 31st before my paperwork was turned in to Comptech. I tried to do you a favor by getting you in on the GB since you were late and now I am having to deal with all this that you have started. Almost makes me wish I hadn't made the extra effort to get you the deal and you have probably ruined it for anyone else needing the same favor.

Brian, how is it that you see my patience and thanking you publicly and not laying the responsibility on you, my salesperson and the representative of your company, as "giving you grief"?!

I honestly don't know what else I can say but in all 3 posts I made it clear that you were a good guy and that I would have bought from you again.

Someone screwed up and it has hurt your customer. Yet no one takes responsibility or tries to make any ammends. How much patience should I have in your opinion? is 13 weeks not reasonable?

When something goes wrong in my company, I try to make it up to the customer... I certainly don't say it was a mistake for me to deal with them! Am I the bad guy here? for being so patient? for thanking you? for saying its messed up but I would buy from Brian again anyway? Shouldn't your being upset be directed at Comptech and not me for damaging a good relationship between YOU and your customer?

You are angry with me because I made a post here and despite all, said nothing but good about you.

SaberX said:
Brian - I managed to get in on the group buy and fortunately my unit was only delayed a few weeks. As a business professional myself, I think you've done everything reasonable to manage a situation that you did not have direct control over - especially after Comptech assured you shipping would be timely. I know GBs must be difficult to manage especially with expensive items. I think many NSXers recognize this and appreciate that NOPI has enough influence in the aftermarket community to get us great prices on items that would otherwise be unaffordable upgrades. Thanks from a happy CTSC GB member.

-Brian

Thank you as well as all the other members who see that I am doing everything I can to try to get Comptech to get the CTSC's ordered out asap. I know you waited a little longer than the eta that was given as did some of the others. Most of the first 15 kits ordered did ship out on time, but the other 8 kits that shipped have progressively gotten slower to ship and now we are down to the last 2 which were 2 of the 3 NA2 kits ordered. That's right, 25 kits total were ordered during the GB. NO ONE HAS RECIEVED OR WILL RECEIVE the GB pricing that was given in March since it is lower than our cost now. Also, I have gotten wind that Comptech is debating on raising the prices again since the price of most metals has been on the rise for the last year and their cost has gone up accordingly. Just to let you guys that are still on the fence know. :wink:

TURBO2GO said:
Brian, how is it that you see my patience and thanking you publicly and not laying the responsibility on you, my salesperson and the representative of your company, as "giving you grief"?!

I honestly don't know what else I can say but in all 3 posts I made it clear that you were a good guy and that I would have bought from you again.

Someone screwed up and it has hurt your customer. Yet no one takes responsibility or tries to make any ammends. How much patience should I have in your opinion? is 13 weeks not reasonable?

When something goes wrong in my company, I try to make it up to the customer... I certainly don't say it was a mistake for me to deal with them! Am I the bad guy here? for being so patient? for thanking you? for saying its messed up but I would buy from Brian again anyway? Shouldn't your being upset be directed at Comptech and not me for damaging a good relationship between YOU and your customer?

You are angry with me because I made a post here and despite all, said nothing but good about you.

How has it hurt you that it has taken longer????? Your parts are paid for??? You want me to do something that is not possible and you keep posting it. Give you some of the money back while you wait on them to ship it? It is just like Shumdit posted:
Shumdit said:

Nothing against you or anyone who has waited an extended period of time but you were made aware that you would be charged up front for the parts once the order was placed. You were also told that you were one of the last ones to order on the GB(late I might add) and that you would be one of the last people to receive yours. You were also given a longer eta than everyone else MINIMUM 6-8 weeks. If you had a problem with any of these things that is when you should have decided at the beginning that you wanted to go ahead with the order or not. The only thing I can do for you at this point is stay on Comptech to get the last 2 CTSC's out which they are saying should be this Friday 7/28. At this point I am doing everything I can to stay on top of it and will continue to do so until they are done.

I need to go and get some work done now to help some of my other customers. Please call me at 800-277-6674 ext 258 if you would like to discuss anything else. Thank you.

briannopi said:
You were also given a longer eta than everyone else MINIMUM 6-8 weeks. If you had a problem with any of these things that is when you should have decided at the beginning that you wanted to go ahead with the order or not.

How it hurts me is that when I drop 10K, I don't want it sitting in someone's bank account for over 3 months while I have no product for it. Too long to explain if it can't be understood already.

Anyway, I am done speaking about this, I think my point was made. I hope it comes soon and that this is a lesson for members who order high dollar items to know what they can get into.

Thanks for your efforts and hopefully we will see it soon.

ATTENTION:

This is not a dispute resolution forum. This is not a "rip off" situation, it is a customer satisfaction / delivery timeframe issue.

If you cannot resolve the status of your order with the vendor to your satisfaction, post your complaint here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

Further dispute messages from either side will be deleted from this thread.

I feel bad for both Dave and Brian. Its tough situation on both sides. Seems like most of the delay are for NA2 kits. I just hope Comptech deliver Dave's kit soon, and happy ending for everyone.

Brian provided me with top notch service, everything was perfectly smooth, great communication. I am sure most of everyone in the group buy felt the same. Two thumbs up from me. Just stating the facts.

The last 2 kits were shipped out late yesterday from Comptech. Tracking numbers have been pm'd. Thanks to everyone for your patience and understanding.:smile:

Great news finally. Thanks Brian.

If any of the group buyers have second thoughts and want to put their new CTSC on the market before any installation - and preferably in unopened boxes, coupe or T-version, please send me a PM.

I got my Supercharger after 6 weeks. I did not get in on the group buy, but the price was still the best I could find.

Brian sent me the tracking number soon as he got it from Comptech.

It was worth the wait.

Thanks Brian

Chris NSX said:
I got my Supercharger after 6 weeks. I did not get in on the group buy, but the price was still the best I could find.

Brian sent me the tracking number soon as he got it from Comptech.

It was worth the wait.

Thanks Brian

Glad to hear you got it. Please let me know if there is any problems or if there is anything else I can do. Thanks

Just wanted to make a quick post and say that despite the problems with delivery dates, this kit looks VERY high quality. Everything you can think of is included and then some, the hoses and fittings are race car quality, and there are a number of genuine Honda parts in there as well. Looks like Comptech has their act together when it comes to doing a thorough job.

Brian thanks for everything, I know it was not your fault Comptech had delivery issues.

TURBO2GO said:
Just wanted to make a quick post and say that despite the problems with delivery dates, this kit looks VERY high quality. Everything you can think of is included and then some, the hoses and fittings are race car quality, and there are a number of genuine Honda parts in there as well. Looks like Comptech has their act together when it comes to doing a thorough job.

Brian thanks for everything, I know it was not your fault Comptech had delivery issues.
Glad you received it. NSXSUPRA had his for couple of months now, and he thrash me around every time we go out for a cruise:smile:

briannopi said:
Glad to hear you got it. Please let me know if there is any problems or if there is anything else I can do. Thanks
One round of applause for Brian.
I wish I had bought from Brian when I needed the CTSC a few years ago. Of course Brian was not around then. With such good price that Brian offered, I felt like I missed such a good deal and should have just bought one and switched out the old unit.
Thanks again for all the hard work and I am sure I will buy a CTSC from Brian when I get my next NSX.
Steve

TURBO2GO said:

No problem man. I understand. I would probably be wanting mine the day I ordered it!! LOL :biggrin:

I am bumping this thread as I need a bit of help from anyone that purchased on this group buy.

I know this is old, but I have known for a while that different members actually paid different prices for the same kit, some $1000 or so more than others for the same year kits. Price was supposed to be the same for everyone. Recently I brought up this issue to NOPI, and they said they would look into it. But what I need first are some facts.

If anyone purchased on this group buy, please PM me with your year of car and what you paid. If you can, please provide me with a date of purchase, or order number, or just your name, so the info can be looked up. If you know anyone that has a CTSC on their car, please alert them to this thread so that they know of this, please have them PM me.

I hope to hear from some of you guys.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Isn't there about a $1000 difference between Targa's (1995-2005) and coupes (1991-1994)? There's an additional cost for the targa holder and modified rear brace.. not sure if that was the issue though... I wish I got in on this, because I heard from one member the ridiculously low price he paid. :frown:

Isn't there about a $1000 difference between Targa's (1995-2005) and coupes (1991-1994)? There's an additional cost for the targa holder and modified rear brace.. not sure if that was the issue though... I wish I got in on this, because I heard from one member the ridiculously low price he paid. :frown:

Like I said, different prices for the same year kits.

Why would you bring this up 5 years later?

briannopi's Last Activity: 11-17-2006 15:54

<!-- / current activity -->

Back