• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC Timings

OK... finally got a chance to get out and do some street timings (0-60) with the CTSC... First background

1999 Whipple CTSC (22k mi), Comptech headers, Tubi exhaust, Cantrell AIS... car is maybe 100lbs lighter than stock overall... Car dynoed at around 325HP on dyno dynamics and two years later at 355HP on a mustang dyno

Second, caveats:

1) I suck... no beating around the bush... this is my first manual in a long time so I am VERY rusty

2) I am taking it VERY easy on the clutch (see 1)... This is from a typical street start... No loading up and dumping the clutch... TCS was on

3) not going really BALLS out... not absolutely flooring it in first or second... probably 3/4 throttle until Im more comfortable

Method was pretty easy... Stop watch in right hand with single button very easy start/stop... Start once moving, stop at 60...

Did about 10 runs like this... Best was 5:19, worst was 5:24

Conclusion? The CTSC is a very quick street car. I figure that an aggressive launch and a better driver would very likely shave off a full second, so figure very near 4 flat to 60.

Has anyone else done timings 0-60 with a CTSC lately?

Last edited:
Back