• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC to SOS turbo....

I sold my CTSC '92 NSX to a friend of mine a year ago. It was tuned and dynoed at 362 RWHP with the high boost kit. The car has 28,000 on it now and apparently the new owner wants more power so look what arrived today. Some of the best workmanship I've seen. I can't wait to start on the car this weekend.

Attachments

• Turbo parts.jpg
    Turbo parts.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 476
That is a very nice setup from what I hear. Your freind should be very happy. I am having the same kit installed on my car.

I have had my twins for about 2 months now. The drivability is as smooth as a SC. But when you put your foot down all I can say is WOW. Hope you enjoy your new set up.

What PSI are you going to run? EMS or FIC? You and your friend should consider doing an "unboxing video" and posting it on Youtube.

We got the 8 PSI kit. The car already has AEM and 550 RC injectors, Walbro 255
pump and the same exhaust system that SOS used on their dynoed set-up.He wanted more power, but did not want to sacrifice reliability.

I'm going to keep a "photo documentary" of the build. I just finished doing the same on a Smart Car Hayabusa conversion.

Just a quick update....

The SOS twin-turbo kit install so far is going extremely well. The instructions are very clear, parts are organized so that everything can be quickly found and most importantly - due to the exceptional workmanship - everything fits perfectly.

What has taken the longest is just removing the CTSC set-up and returning intake and associated hoses, alternator and fittings back to stock configuration.

Pics coming soon. Just got the first turbo installed last night and this is NOT my full time job.

Sounds like work is going well. It can be a little overwhelming but for each piece you install, that's one less piece of the giant puzzle. My only advice is not to push yourself to the point of pain or exhaustion. That's when accidents happen or shortcuts are taken.

Sounds like work is going well. It can be a little overwhelming but for each piece you install, that's one less piece of the giant puzzle. My only advice is not to push yourself to the point of pain or exhaustion. That's when accidents happen or shortcuts are taken.

^This is really a very good and important advice! Ask me how I know :wink:

Yeah, at 62 I realized I can't crawl around under a car like I used to. I'm taking my time so I enjoy the process!!

What kind of rwhp are you looking for from the SOS setup?

I see no reason why I can't get the same numbers as SOS did. I'm putting the EXACT same set-up in the car. 416 RWHP

Yeah, at 62 I realized I can't crawl around under a car like I used to. I'm taking my time so I enjoy the process!!

I see no reason why I can't get the same numbers as SOS did. I'm putting the EXACT same set-up in the car. 416 RWHP

Did you ride in Ole's car last NSXCapades? It did about the same. I think you will really like it.

I have not been in an NSX with turbo, so I'm looking forward to the experience.

Good to see you get out of the nineties(supercharger) and get into the 2000's(turbocharging) some guys are still stuck in the 70's (N/A). LOL. I am sure once you drive the new setup you will agree. The reason I say this is because at one time I had two exact cars, one super charged 8 psi, and one turbocharged 8 psi, and there was no comparison the turbo car is smoother, quieter , better fuel mileage, faster= way more fun. JMHO THIS SHOULD BE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please keep us posted on your progress.

Last edited:
I wrapped up the install yesterday....so it took about a week chipping away at the project daily. SOS estimated about 20 total hours and it took me about 30 - but I had to get the engine back to pre-CTSC condition first.

Again....kudos to SOS for an excellent kit, well packaged and thought out. The fit and finish were first class. I did have a few suggestions for the instruction manual which may help someone like myself.

Today I will be finishing up a few details, adding fluids, starting and checking for leaks. I will try and schedule tuning and dyno time later this week.

Here's a couple random shots of the progress:

My "home" for a week!!

NSXrear_zps96d849e1.jpg

CTSC configuration....362 RWHP with water/methanol injection

DSC00288.jpg

SOS version....

NSXenginetop_zps741b2abe.jpg

a couple underside shots....

NSXturbo_zps1b9f0817.jpg

NSXexhaust_zps166571ae.jpg

I've had the aluminum jackstands for about 5 years and I think I got them at Harbor Freight.

Packaging/packing was better than good. Every piece was completely wrapped in bubble wrap and all small pieces were organized by numbered plastic ziplock bags. It took about 3 weeks due to a small backorder to get everything.

No headers - so no jetcoating. All exhaust tubing is stainless.

Car fired right up and I checked for leaks (none) and now heading to dyno for tuning Saturday.

I've had the aluminum jackstands for about 5 years and I think I got them at Harbor Freight.

Packaging/packing was better than good. Every piece was completely wrapped in bubble wrap and all small pieces were organized by numbered plastic ziplock bags. It took about 3 weeks due to a small backorder to get everything.

No headers - so no jetcoating. All exhaust tubing is stainless.

Car fired right up and I checked for leaks (none) and now heading to dyno for tuning Saturday.

Nice build...good luck on the dyno on saturday...keep us posted

Back