• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Current ACURA Lineup

I have commented before on how the marketing niche of what Acura aims at would be different from those on this "sports" oriented forum. I was fortunate enough to test drive the RLX as part of a group invited by Acura HQ this January. And as I noted in another thread, I was quite impressed especially with P-AWS on some of the more demanding Napa valley mountain twisties. I wished they would have allowed us some track time like the test we did with the ILX.

The RLX is not designed to compete with 7 series, or Lexus 400+ ....... It's target using my words is "value based purchasers who don't care to advertise their wealth or status but like the subtle amenities of luxury, performance and reliability." As for performance, by the end of 2013 they will have an RLX version that comes with two electric motor (one on each front wheel) that will boost the 310 to about 400 whp. YMMV

I have commented before on how the marketing niche of what Acura aims at would be different from those on this "sports" oriented forum. I was fortunate enough to test drive the RLX as part of a group invited by Acura HQ this January. And as I noted in another thread, I was quite impressed especially with P-AWS on some of the more demanding Napa valley mountain twisties. I wished they would have allowed us some track time like the test we did with the ILX.

The RLX is not designed to compete with 7 series, or Lexus 400+ ....... It's target using my words is "value based purchasers who don't care to advertise their wealth or status but like the subtle amenities of luxury, performance and reliability." As for performance, by the end of 2013 they will have an RLX version that comes with two electric motor (one on each front wheel) that will boost the 310 to about 400 whp. YMMV

I'm interested in the hybrid, but I worry they will price it where nobody would buy it. Ie 70k+

RLX = The "smart man's" 7 series or LS400 perhaps?

I think I could dig that.. I saw it in person today (while looking at the ILX). I wasn't immediately offended like I was with the TLs of late. That's a step in the right direction for Acura I suppose.

Acura, unfortunately, lost me many years ago. WTF is up with their design team? They were designing cars 15 years ago that I liked the minute I saw them and now I look at them and go ehhhh.

I've continued to purchase MDX's (good vehicles).....no loyalty beyond that.

My Acura dealer always gives me a new TL to drive when I get service done. Every time I'm impressed. Such a nice car.
I wouldn't trade my NSX for one, but they're nice...

Back