• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Current NSX Market

Just curious for all you owners out there (I don't own an NSX yet but hope to own one by the end of this year), if you were to sell your nsx, would you use edmunds/kbb as a base price or would you use what's for sale on here as a base price? I was very close to picking up 2 NSX's (not at the same time :tongue:) but they slipped through my hands at a really great price (see links below). I would really like to hear all of your opinions on if these were priced at a steal or priced accordingly.

http://www.carsauto.com/1991-acura-nsx-c-1048.htm - Sold for $39,900

http://www.specialtysales.com/vehicles/12078 - Sold for $37,990

The second one is/was a prime member. That one was definitely worth it because he just spent a couple thousand doing all the required big maintenance items last year.

I posted a link for the silver one on here couple days ago for someone looking to get one...

That is a great deal in today's market....most people would be asking like $45k + and prolly would have got it...

Did it sale??? Says it is still available???

Someone got a great deal for a minty turn key nsx ...lucky ....

Last edited:
That silver one is a great price, with all the maintenance up to date including clutch. Someone got a great great car at a very good price. Wonder if that is Krthong car, remember him making video from his goggle glasses while cruising.

I posted a link for the silver one on here couple days ago for someone looking to get one...

That is a great deal in today's market....most people would be asking like $45k + and prolly would have got it...

Did it sale??? Says it is still available???

Someone got a great deal for a minty turn key nsx ...lucky ....

Yeah both of them sold.

That silver one is a great price, with all the maintenance up to date including clutch. Someone got a great great car at a very good price. Wonder if that is Krthong car, remember him making video from his goggle glasses while cruising.

I know, I personally went to go check out the silver one and I fell in love with it, very devastated when the consignment shop said I couldn't down $1k to hold it for a week because somebody had purchased a $190 Acura dealership inspection on it.

I think there will be a lull in prices for a few months.. but come springtime and the fact that parts are starting to dry out for the NSX... low mileage cars will continue to skyrocket. Hence I bought one 2 weeks ago.. should be home Monday!

I think there will be a lull in prices for a few months.. but come springtime and the fact that parts are starting to dry out for the NSX... low mileage cars will continue to skyrocket. Hence I bought one 2 weeks ago.. should be home Monday!

We'll need the full purchase story when it arrives...

I've always got an eye open for an NA2 with pop-ups that's a driver, not a garage queen, but there hasn't been anything lately.

If you're going to buy from a private party owner/enthusiast, which you should if you can, I think Haggerty is a much better price guide for well kept NSXs than Edmunds or KBB. FWIW the prices on the two cars you mention are right in line with their numbers. Use Haggerty as a ceiling and try to negotiate to a price 10% or more lower but if you're serious and you find a really good original one at a fair price you'd be well advised to jump on it.

Last edited:
Yep, the silver one is (edit: was?? :( :( :( ) my car!

It was a really difficult decision to sell. I was actually hoping that I wouldn't get full asking price on the car, so I could keep it and tell my wife I at least tried, haha.

Ultimately, I decided to sell because I drove her less than 1500 miles in the 1.5 years I had her. The miles I did drive was spent sitting in stop and go commute traffic, with me worrying about a soccer mom in an SUV rear ending me. I bought a C7 stingray to commute in (I don't feel bad about putting miles on it, it's just a chevy :D), and I'm hoping to see the NSX go to a good home where she'll be taken care of and driven, not neglected in a garage and driven once or twice a month like it would be under my ownership.

Whoever buys the car is getting a solid NSX though, with all the maintenance done and a few other preventative items thrown in. I didn't feel right in asking $40+k for it though, as it has a recorded accident on the carfax - a cosmetic one, but still not great for the buyer looking for the perfect/clean NSX. Also had the rear bumper repainted due to some chips. But yeah, I'm not out to screw anyone (especially a future NSX owner), so I feel the $37.9k is very fair. I do wish I kept the OEM embroidered NSX duffel bag and car cover for myself, but.. again, didn't want to screw anyone and want the future owner of my NSX to have the best experience possible.

Really strange though - the consignment shop told me there were a few offers on the car, and one owner seemed serious and took it in for a PPI, but I haven't heard anything since (after the PPI he wanted a paint gauge done on all panels). [MENTION=30046]nikk0bacardi[/MENTION], did they tell you it was actually sold? As far as I was aware, it wasn't officially sold yet.... was going to take it back in 3 more weeks if it hadn't sold yet!

But don't worry - I do plan on buying another NSX in a few years after I buy a house (tentatively shopping for houses in dublin ATM so freeing up a chunk of cash is pretty helpful). The stingray is great, but when I got back into the NSX for a drive before sending it off to the consignment shop, I was reminded of how much better the NSX drove - sure, less power and no V8 noise, but it was so sublime, connected, unique, and "open" - hard to describe but I'm sure as NSX drivers we all know what I mean. Nothing will replace the NSX for me - I *WILL* be buying another one in a few more years.

Last edited:
Yep, the silver one is (edit: was?? :( :( :( ) my car!

It was a really difficult decision to sell. I was actually hoping that I wouldn't get full asking price on the car, so I could keep it and tell my wife I at least tried, haha.

Ultimately, I decided to sell because I drove her less than 1500 miles in the 1.5 years I had her. The miles I did drive was spent sitting in stop and go commute traffic, with me worrying about a soccer mom in an SUV rear ending me. I bought a C7 stingray to commute in (I don't feel bad about putting miles on it, it's just a chevy :D), and I'm hoping to see the NSX go to a good home where she'll be taken care of and driven, not neglected in a garage and driven once or twice a month like it would be under my ownership.

Whoever buys the car is getting a solid NSX though, with all the maintenance done and a few other preventative items thrown in. I didn't feel right in asking $40+k for it though, as it has a recorded accident on the carfax - a cosmetic one, but still not great for the buyer looking for the perfect/clean NSX. Also had the rear bumper repainted due to some chips. But yeah, I'm not out to screw anyone (especially a future NSX owner), so I feel the $37.9k is very fair. I do wish I kept the OEM embroidered NSX duffel bag and car cover for myself, but.. again, didn't want to screw anyone and want the future owner of my NSX to have the best experience possible.

Really strange though - the consignment shop told me there were a few offers on the car, and one owner seemed serious and took it in for a PPI, but I haven't heard anything since (after the PPI he wanted a paint gauge done on all panels). [MENTION=30046]nikk0bacardi[/MENTION], did they tell you it was actually sold? As far as I was aware, it wasn't officially sold yet.... was going to take it back in 3 more weeks if it hadn't sold yet!

But don't worry - I do plan on buying another NSX in a few years after I buy a house (tentatively shopping for houses in dublin ATM so freeing up a chunk of cash is pretty helpful). The stingray is great, but when I got back into the NSX for a drive before sending it off to the consignment shop, I was reminded of how much better the NSX drove - sure, less power and no V8 noise, but it was so sublime, connected, unique, and "open" - hard to describe but I'm sure as NSX drivers we all know what I mean. Nothing will replace the NSX for me - I *WILL* be buying another one in a few more years.

They did say it was sold as of last thursday, I called that day and they said they were putting the sold sign on it and it was going to get shipped out next week, I was willing to give $2k over asking price but because the shop had said somebody purchased a PPI I couldn't do anything about it. Funny thing is I wanted to put $1k down to hold it for a week because I was waiting for my refinance cash to show up in my bank account but they didn't want to. It honestly feels like I got cheated. But you win some you lose some.

Edit: The individual who they sold it to was somewhere on the east coast.

Last edited:
If you're going to buy from a private party owner/enthusiast, which you should if you can, I think Haggerty is a much better price guide for well kept NSXs than Edmunds or KBB. FWIW the prices on the two cars you mention are right in line with their numbers. Use Haggerty as a ceiling and try to negotiate to a price 10% or more lower but if you're serious and you find a really good original one at a fair price you'd be well advised to jump on it.
KBB and Edmunds both know nothing about market prices on nsx and s2000. Just go and see. They are way off from where market is. No matter the shape of the car. That's what I have learned over last couple of years

Back