• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Custom aluminum exhaust video

Posted on the FB Pages a few days ago, figured I'd share here.

Over a week ago I finally went through with my plan for an aluminum exhaust. Went to my friend and owner of Pipe Dreams Fabrication, one of the best custom exhaust guys on the east coast, to get the job done right. He did my previous aluminum setup on my other car and I love it.

The exhaust consists of Vibrant 2 v-band clamps to attach the aluminum muffler section to the steel test pipes. 2 Vibrant aluminum 2.5" mufflers and Vibrant 2.5" aluminum piping. all said and done, the total muffler section weighs about 7lbs. To give you an idea of how light that is, my previous Comptech that this replaced weighed in at about 38lbs. Massive weight loss off the rear overhang of the car, which is awesome. Less weight at the tail end that'll get thrown around when autoxing is a major advantage.

Only "cons" is that it's loud and drones a bit. It's actually not bad at all crusing on the highway at a steady speed/rpm. For me, it's exactly what I wanted. Loud and exotic sounding.

All parts and labor cost about $900 said and done. Actually a good bit less since we didn't use a couple of extra bends I bought just in case.

Full exhaust setup consists of Comptech headers, resonated test pipes from NSXPrime member Angus, and the custom aluminum Vibrant mufflers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=CTMJOWKJ3x4

Last edited:
I have no expectations for this exhaust to last a very long time. In which if anything happens I'll just have it repaired/replaced. The cost to fix will be minimal now that it's done. But the aluminum exhaust on my other car has gone 2 years and many hard thousand miles and still looks new, so I hope this will last at least as long.

Sounds nice!!! Just needs fatter tips IMO ..those look pretty small.

Good job!!!

Back