• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Custom made NSX

A_J

Experienced Member
Is this real?

366-1_000529-10.jpg

http://www.wintel.co.jp/wintel/owa/...ocklist&in_designno=&in_cssno=&in_shop_disp=1

looks like "custom made" fabricated, not OEM, looks tacky ... if it's real, is pretty bad ..
Oscar

Is real guys is just what the type S cars have.

There aren't any official variations of the NSX, "custom" or otherwise, that have been released by Honda or at least that have ever been acknowledged by Honda. This includes any rumored "Senna" edition NSX or even Senna's personal NSX which was not known to be different than any other off-the-line NSX. The Zanardi Editions, Type-S and Type-R were available to the general public and are not considered "custom". That "custom" plaque is nonsense.

I'm aware that there are possibly some one-off color combinations in existence but only one or two, one of which would be Larry Ellison who asked for and was allowed to purchase a 1995 in Sebring Silver after that color was out of production.

While not "custom" since they were available to the general public any coupes made from 95-01 could be ordered with either a black top or color-matched top. Again, there are very few 95-01 coupes of any color and maybe only one or two 95-01 black top coupes in existence.

This also doesn't include some of the color variations found outside the North American market such as the lime green color but again, those were available to the general public in those markets upon request.

yup, the silver one in their site has it too.
366-1_000555-10.jpg

how about that custom order lime green metallic

366-1-01.jpg

yup, the silver one in their site has it too.

Two cars with that plaque? That is very strange. I have not heard or seen anything like that before but now I am starting to doubt myself...maybe I am missing something?

Did Honda use that plaque for the Japanese market special-order colors like the Lime Green Metallic and Monza Red Pearl? Even if that were the case there was never any silver color specifically available for special-order in any market. I know Japan was more lenient on custom-ordering any color combo but again, I have never seen a plaque like that. Did Honda put it on every Japanese custom color combo NSX?

I can't find any info supporting the "Custom Made" door sill plaque for the Type-S. The Type-R has it's own plaque and I would assume the Type-S has a "Type-S" plaque.

I think perhaps someone who knows more than I might be aware of this and I'd love to find an answer...

Last edited:
Hmph....I've never seen any information to validate the "Custom Made" nomenclature. Nor have I seen any that would be invalidating. The numbers on the silver car look like they've been hand-etched in. Mabye someone can contact the dealership?

Subscribed.

The first number after the C in the second pic looks "hand-printed" :confused:

It would seem so but I've never seen any reference to a special plaque for the Custom Order program.

I'll go through some of my Japanese reference material to see if there's any mentiond.

I believe they are real, though the color combo (gold/black/chrome) make it look fake. However, the actual ID plate I believe is real since I have one myself :) though not in that color. It also arrived in a sealed bubble wrap with Honda part numbers on them.

I believe they are real, though the color combo (gold/black/chrome) make it look fake. However, the actual ID plate I believe is real since I have one myself :) though not in that color. It also arrived in a sealed bubble wrap with Honda part numbers on them.

You received a "Custom Made" plaque directly from Honda? What's the part #?

I don't know if my eyes deceive me, but, that "black" NSX doesn't look so black to me.

I can't remember the name of the color, but Japan also offered an extremely dark green that was different than the US Brooklands Green Pearl.

EDIT: AHA. By translating the specs beside the car, this line: シャーロットグリーンパール reveals the color to be Charlotte Green Pearl

Last edited:
Looks legit to me, and lets not forget, in Japan for years you could order the NSX in any color combinations up to I believe 9 different colors. I believe only the Type S or Zero was locked at Imola Orange and that weird green. Remember the old Japanese video with the Smurf Blue Type S Zero drag racing other exotics?

Anyway, the original link is 'co.jp' so in my opinion, :tongue: theres no reason for us to REALLY waive the "bluff" flag. If we havent heard of it, its probably because we arent special enough. :frown:

Could be an NSX-S, S-Zero, NSX-R, NSX-R GT, NSX Mugen Ltd Edition, or some other custom made NSX for the Sultan of Brunei. :biggrin:

EDIT: Could be this one.. http://www.xspeed.com.au/secret.php?area=honda&secret_id=89

Last edited:
Looks legit to me, and lets not forget, in Japan for years you could order the NSX in any color combinations up to I believe 9 different colors. I believe only the Type S or Zero was locked at Imola Orange and that weird green. Remember the old Japanese video with the Smurf Blue Type S Zero drag racing other exotics?

Anyway, the original link is 'co.jp' so in my opinion, :tongue: theres no reason for us to REALLY waive the "bluff" flag. If we havent heard of it, its probably because we arent special enough. :frown:

Could be an NSX-S, S-Zero, NSX-R, NSX-R GT, NSX Mugen Ltd Edition, or some other custom made NSX for the Sultan of Brunei. :biggrin:

EDIT: Could be this one.. http://www.xspeed.com.au/secret.php?area=honda&secret_id=89

True but there are enough Japanese/Asian market members here on Prime that I am very surprised that if this is legit has never come up even once even in casual conversation here on Prime.

Although small this is a pretty unique detail that, if true, I have a hard time believing has never been mentioned before--at least not in the 8 years I've been lurking here and nowhere in any archived posts nor in the FAQ.

It's called Customer Custom order Plan. Or some thing like that.

Honda dealers in Japan do not stock NSX, it is a made to order car. If the buyer ever asked for a none standard color for exterior or Interior, you get that plate.

It's called Customer Custom order Plan. Or some thing like that.

Honda dealers in Japan do not stock NSX, it is a made to order car. If the buyer ever asked for a none standard color for exterior or Interior, you get that plate.

I was waiting for you to show up on this one.

Interesting. I've of course known about the custom ordering program but I've never seen or heard of that plaque before and this is, evidently, the very first thread ever on Prime even mentioning it specifically. This tidbit should be added to the FAQ.

Pretty cool. :cool: I want one! Part # please! :biggrin:

Last edited:
I was waiting for you to show up on this one.

Interesting. I've of course known about the custom ordering program but I've never seen or heard of that plaque before and this is, evidently, the very first thread ever on Prime even mentioning it specifically. This tidbit should be added to the FAQ.

Pretty cool. :cool: I want one! Part # please! :biggrin:
I think MJ had those before. I can get it, but my price will be higher than MJ's because of the fund transfer and shipping on a single item.

Back