• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cystal Cove 12/17!!! who's up for this???

Do any of us know fashion island well? I'm not familiar with fashion Island, but after meeting at starbucks in fountain valley, we could meet those who are coming from opposite directions at the fashion island parking lot. I figure this would be best if we all want to cruise to C.C together in one big group. When i leave the office today, i'll cruise to Fashion island to find a spot where northerners and southerners can meet before C.C. I'll keep you guys posted.

William

Mike Hughes said:
You mean to say you've never seen a dozen car enthusiasts stand in a parking lot and bullshit with each other for 90 minutes?

Am I missing something here......?

And as far as parking... a simple phone call would probably solve that. If NSX owners can reserve spots on a luxury yacht in Long Beach harbor for a holiday dinner I think a parking lot wouldn't be too hard.
The parking lot is not owned by the restaurant it is a common lot shared with other businesses. So yes, there may be a problem reserving spaces. Call them and see, that is the only way to truly find out. I am not waking up at 5:00AM on a Saturday to go to CC, so don't count on me.

Re: Crystal Cove 12/17!!! who's up for this???

I agree on going earlier. I hate to get up that early and not get a spot. I would prefer the Fashion Island location, so please let us know what you find out. My guess is that at 6am we could just pick a landmark like Roys restaurant in Fashion Island or by a starbucks if there is one there.

Another Option:
From Fashion Island: Just a couple miles north of Fashion Island, just after the Ferarri and Bentely dealers there is a starbucks that might work too. Easy access from most anywhere. There is parking in the back (just loop around the block before or after)

From HB: just take PCH south and keep your eyes open once you pass Sterling BMW on your left.

Inland or Costa Mesa and Santa Ana: Everyone else can just take the 55 until it turns into newport blvd, immediately after HOAG Hospital take exit for CA-1 (aka PCH) then head south (left) for probably 1/4-1/2 of a mile. If you hit Phillips Auto, Ferarri, Bently or Donzi; you went to far.

ok so lets finalize a meeting spot to meet please so I won't get lost :smile:

And can someone pm me their number who is from or familiar with the area?

Thanks.....

Alright guys, here's the set meeting spot for C.C this sat.

Starbucks
(949) 515-2842
2700 W Coast Hwy
Newport Beach, CA 92663

This will be the meeting spot where the NSXr's coming from the northern direction can meet with those coming from the south or other directions. To get all of us into the show area, let's plan on meeting here at 6:20 A.M. If anyone needs my cell phone number just P.M me. See you guys there

Us folks coming from North O.C will still meet at Starbucks in fountain valley at 6:00 A.M to cruise up to Corona Del Mar together.

William

After Crystal Cove, we have a 9:30 reservation at Las Brisas in Laguna beach. This about 3 miles from Crystal Cove. This Restaurant offers valet parking, so they will be able to accomodate our vehicles. heres a description:

Las Brisas Restaurant
Dining Room Buffet Breakfast

Our fast, fresh, all you can eat Breakfast Buffet is served Monday through Saturday from 8 – 10:30 a.m. Breakfast at Las Brisas features freshly baked croissants and muffins; omelettes and Belgian waffles prepared fresh to order; sausage, bacon, crepes, eggs Benedict, and potatoes. There is also a generous selection of cereals, melons, yogurt and cottage cheese. There is perhaps only one thing more spectacular than these special flavors and aromas, our incomparable seaside view. Breakfast includes choice of coffee, tea or milk.

$10.95 per person
($5.50 for children under 12 years)
price subject to change at any time

Orange, grapefruit, tomato, cranberry and
pineapple juices also available

$1.95 each

Last edited:
AndyH said:
you'll get to CC at 7AM. What are you going to do there for 2+ hours? I got bored after 15 mins walking around the parking lot in the cold.

Thanks for the suggestion Andy, If everyone would like to have breakfast sooner, please let me know, and I can reschedule the reservation for 8:30 or 9:00

William

So far here's the list, if anyone else wants to come along, please add your name to the list ASAP that i have an accurate head count of how many seats need to be reserved for Las Brisas

1. Wealthbuildr
2. Forrest Supercharged 92
3. Marvin (RX7)
4 ediddynsx
5. drmanny3
6. nsxsupra
7. 91x
8. 760nsx
9. silverone
10. poohbear
11. nsxb
12. evof575gtc
13 bluesteal
14. (your name here)

Last edited:
WealthBuildR said:
Thanks for the suggestion Andy, If everyone would like to have breakfast sooner, please let me know, and I can reschedule the reservation for 8:30 or 9:00

William

So far here's the list, if anyone else wants to come along, please add your name to the list ASAP that i have an accurate head count of how many seats need to be reserved for Las Brisas
I'm in...

1. Wealthbuildr
3. Marvin (RX7)
4 ediddynsx
5. drmanny3
6. nsxsupra
7. 91x
8. 760nsx
9. silverone
10. poohbear
11. nsxb
12. evof575gtc
13 bluesteal
14. Zero-cool

I am going spend a few hours wash and wax the nsx tonight and get it ready for CC. Getting a bit too excited already.:smile:

Cool. Good job organizing a meeting spot WealthBuildR. I'll see all of you Saturday morning at Starbucks in Corona Del Mar.

Gene

SilverOne said:
I don't think Las Brias opens until 9am, but I could be wrong.

They open at 8:00 a.m.

Sorry Guys, I checked out the starbucks in corona del mar, and there happens to be very little parking for us to meet, Lets meet at the one in newport near Sterling BMW. This is located on W. Coast Hwy. between the riverside and tustin ave. stoplights. There's plenty of parking for all of us to meet here.

Starbucks
(949) 515-2842
2700 W Coast Hwy
Newport Beach, CA 92663

PoohBEAR said:
I may skip the CC part. If that is the case, when are you guys gonna be at La brisa?

Our reservation will be set for 9:00 A.M

Thanks for the update cya there.

mmmmmm....breakfast sounds good :biggrin: I don't trust valet parkers though so I plan to park my own car. :cool:

ediddynsx said:
mmmmmm....breakfast sounds good :biggrin: I don't trust valet parkers though so I plan to park my own car. :cool:
FYI - all the parking outside of the Las Brisas valet lot is on the street. Early in the morning it shouldn't be too hard to find spaces. You may have to walk a bit but you'll find something.

I don't trust Valet's either. Ask them if you can park you own vehicle. If they let you, flip 'em a fiver. Take your keys. Then, another couple of buck plus the valet fee when you leave. Works most of the time.

Hey guys, I called Las Brisas today to confirm the reservation that was set for Saturday. They told me they made a mistake and that they were actually booked up the whole day:mad: So I called a few other restaurants, but the problem with the area is the parking-and with newport and laguna being so crowded, it seems impossible. So our best bet would be a restaurant in either Irvine or tustin. I'm not familiar with this area, so i'm looking for suggestions on where we can eat? Worse case scenario, we can always go to IHOP near the airport, but we all know their food stinks. I apologize for the change in plans.

Here's the current list for C.C

1. Wealthbuildr
3. Marvin (RX7)
4 ediddynsx
5. drmanny3
6. nsxsupra
7. 91x
8. 760nsx
9. silverone
10. poohbear
11. nsxb
12. evof575gtc
13 bluesteal
14. Zero-cool
15. Art

WealthBuildR said:
Hey guys, I called Las Brisas today to confirm the reservation that was set for Saturday. They told me they made a mistake and that they were actually booked up the whole day:mad: So I called a few other restaurants, but the problem with the area is the parking-and with newport and laguna being so crowded, it seems impossible. So our best bet would be a restaurant in either Irvine or tustin. I'm not familiar with this area, so i'm looking for suggestions on where we can eat? Worse case scenario, we can always go to IHOP near the airport, but we all know their food stinks. I apologize for the change in plans.

There is great mexican place for breakfast in Irvine, Las Fajitas? Corner of Barrance/Culver. Parking should be fine, it's inside a small strip mall like plaza.

But instead of going back inland, since we're already at the beach, there should be several cafe like places next to Las Brias, or go south abit on PCH, and there are others. Or Dana point, Huntington Beach Main street are other choices.

Last edited:
Damn- -really want to go for the first time. I owned several NSX for the past years and never once attended a meet. This weekend, 12/16 -12/18 going to Las Vegas with g/friend.

Take pics please :tongue:

Vizal

SilverOne said:
There is great mexican place for breakfast in Irvine, Las Fajitas? Corner of Barrance/Culver. Parking should be fine, it's inside a small strip mall like plaza.

But instead of going back inland, since we're already at the beach, there should be several cafe like places next to Las Brias, or go south abit on PCH, and there are others. Or Dana point, Huntington Beach Main street are other choices.

As I was reading through this thread I was going to warn you guys against the Pancake House (great food but there is always a retarded wait), but you nicked that and then I was going to warn you on Las Brisas (I don't know that I'd feel comfortable taking my car in and out of that driveway because I'm pretty sure my stock 98 would scrape and any of you that have lowered your cars would be leaving paint behind).

Pacific Whey Bakery is in the Crystal Cove shopping center and their breakfast is usualy decent. You'll have an ocean view and you're already parked for the meet. You'll have a wait because lots of attendees eat there too but...

There are lots of other good spots in and around Laguna Beach but parking for a lot of cars is going to be tough. The Cottage is across the street from Las Brisas (land side of PCH) but it's pretty much street parking. Ruby's in Corona Del Mar and Laguna Beach both have parking lots but the food can't compare to the Cottage. I don't know if they still offer it or not but Dukes used to offer brunch (maybe only on Sunday though) at they've got plenty of parking and it's easy to find (base of the HB pier). I can rattle off quite a few other great breakfast spots between Dana Point and HB but I can't think of many that have ocean views and parking sufficient for your needs.

Back