• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

daily drivers??

nearly four season driver

I drive mine to work every day except in the winter when the weather forecast includes a chance of snow or ice (not often in Portland). My father lives in the next town, so I borrow his truck or SUV if I need to haul anything large. Nothing makes me appreciate my NSX more than climbing out of an SUV and into a car that was meant to be driven. Downsides are insignificant compared to the daily joy of driving the NSX, but include parking concerns in questionable areas, it is a little too noticable for my taste, the seats seem to show more wear than the rest of the car, and I rarely use the CD changer because it is in the trunk. The only reason to drive something different is if you also have an even better car (of which there are not many and they all cost more).

NetViper said:
It SUCKS to leave your car at wal-mart or places like that... i am always worried something will happen to it...
In your case, Dave, I think it's safer there than at home... :(

I use my NSX as a daily and have 5k miles on it since picking it up right off the truck in March. I agree, I do feel like asking every pickup truck or SUV that parks next to me "did you not notice that awesome NSX in the spot next to you?!" Before I had one, I would not have felt comforitable parking next to one of these fine machines. I guess that is why I have one.....RESPECT for it! It is frustrating when others are oblivious (or get near it just to piss you off)

:mad:

I think the car is best as a daily driver. It was designed to allow it......enjoy it.

Kirthasa said:
I bought my NSX to be a daily driver and haven't regretted it for a moment. I wouldn't have it any other way - I can't imagine having the NSX and only driving it occasionally.
I couldn't agree more. I've put about 20K miles on my '91 in about 20 months .. from +100F to -40F .. dry, wet, snow, ice ..and haven't spent more than $200 in repairs (beyond routine maint) in that time.
Netviper said:
Let me just add one major downside of it being a daily driver/only car. It SUCKS to leave your car at wal-mart or places like that
I have a '91 that is a great '20 footer' but no trailer queen. The benefit is that I don't spend my life worrying about it. Wal-mart, Home Depot .. whatever .. and I have yet to get a door ding .. I think people recognize it as an expensive car and go out of their way to avoid marking it. (knock on wood)

Complaints: the only one I can think of is the lack of trunk space. I travel on business and after you get a suitcase, briefcase, and laptop bag in the back, any passengers are going to have to like what they've got on because there's no room for anything else.

hey, nsx 2398, how's the drive on snow with the nsx, I'm very interested to find out, is the ride height going to give you any problem?? ( My accord was lowered and when I drove it in snow, it plow ice/ snow like the Snow Truck...

anyway, I'm more concern if you driving it with/without the TCS, and how does it feel like with a MR on snow.

How did you clean it after you driving it in snow?? Or you are just like anyone in snowbelt, forget about detailing or even washing the car till Spring/Summer time??

Sorry for asking that many questions, but with most of us not even drive it ( at least we tried to avoid ) in rain, your comment will be very valuable and interesting.

Back