• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Daisy Auto

Want to add my kudos to Ben at Daisy Auto. Went there last week based on recommendations from this thread and wasn't disappointed. Got great service as well as an outstanding technical education from a highly knowledgeable professional.

Taking my NSX back in a couple of weeks for a much needed mechanical "tune-up"!

Taking my NSX back in a couple of weeks for a much needed mechanical "tune-up"!

As stated in my November post, I took my NSX back to Ben at Daisy Auto in December for some preventive maintenance (replaced hoses, thermostat, brake fluid, fuel injector o-rings, etc.) and much needed servicing (replaced tie rods, repaired oil leaks, etc.) based on Ben's earlier recommendations. As others have observed, Ben communicated daily via emails and photos throughout the week he worked on the car. Its obvious he knows and loves these cars! You couldn't ask for a better combination in the person responsible for working on your NSX.

I noticed the difference in ride and performance immediately. Have never driven a new NSX but can only imagine mine was close to that experience. My 500 mile round trip to NC over New Year's weekend was a dream. Wouldn't take my NSX anywhere else for service.

I own a 26,000 mile stock 1996 white NSX-T and am a perfectionist As such, I have done/been forced to do everything within my capabilities on this car myself. I, however, cannot change a timing belt and have unsuccessfully looked for a technician of my ilk to do same for years. Some years ago I started to track the comments on Ben Schaeffer of Daisy Import Auto Care of Woodbine, MD and, as a result, decided to speak to him.

One Saturday morning Ben and I met for the first time. Among other things, I advised Ben how I worked on my car, that I wanted a technician who would do the same, and what needed to be done; e.g., timing belt, etc. - I provided a detailed parts list. Ben went over the car in detail and explained all that needed/should be done.

I must admit that I was shocked as to Ben’s knowledge of the NSX; he knows what will go wrong and when. I knew all the stuff I read on Prime, but Ben knew the whole story; his depth of knowledge was amazing. Beyond that, he would work on the car as I would. After years of looking and waiting, I finally found the technician I wanted and the results justified the wait. Ben was even better than the technician I met that Saturday.

Succinctly, Ben rejuvenated my NSX and he did it as it was his own. For example, he repainted the booster to OEM after replacing the leaking master cylinder; he took care of the corrosion caused by a non-sealed battery (replaced with Optima); etc., etc. Ben also sent the fuel injectors to RC, sent climate control to Brian, had one or more dents removed, had it tinted, obtained unavailable parts, etc. etc. I could not have been more pleased.

What I learned beyond finding Ben: what you don’t know could hurt you. The money and time spent with Ben (I was with him for half a day as he pulled off parts to replace the timing belt) was propitious, educational, and fun.

Back