• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dal Motorsports at Daytona

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Gentlemen….start your engines.

Texas high-performance car enthusiasts are gearing up for the first of the seasons’ racing events; the Grand Am Cup Series. The event will begin on January 29 and will run through Feb. 1st. at the International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida. The Texas Dal Motorsports Team is ready. Driver Rob Morrison is revved up about the extraordinary performance of the highly touted Acura NSX, truly a car-enthusiasts’ mean machine. Pit crew members, including experienced pit boss Gordon Friedman, crew chief Jim Bailey, crew members Eric Robbins, Jim Kuzela, Jeremy Johnson, John Buck, Chris Croninger, with team technician Kevin Adams (of Goodson Acura) and drivers Morrison, Vaughn Duarte and Brian Bailey, began arriving on Jan. 28th to ready their very special race car. Sleek, black and sexy, the car is sponsored in part by Advanced Fluid Solutions, Goodson Acura, a North Texas Acura dealership, Cobalt Friction, Exedy Racing clutches, Comptech USA, and Dali Racing. The heat will be on and the action will be high drama for race fans locally and across the U.S.

Weeks of fine-tuning will be on the line, and driver Duarte says the car is race-ready. He ought to know, he has been eating, sleeping and breathing the car for weeks. Driver Brian Bailey reports the second NSX for Dal Motorsports is under development and will be ready for kick off mid season. Morrison, no beginner to auto racing, has been seen at Sebring and other venues and has been racing for over eleven years. Almost the entire crew and team are members of the National NSX Club of America and also own NSX cars; so to say that they are familiar with the NSX is like saying that Lance Armstrong knows how to ride a bicycle.

###

For information and/or photos, contact Susan Tableman at Goodson Acura, 972-554-0505, or email: [email protected]

Went to the race today and saw the #51 nsx. looked strong at first but I think he might have had a little body damage on the left front. I had to leave before the race was over so I don't know if they finished.
CT

There was some contact with the wall in turn one, but we avoided a more serious incident and were able to finish the race. The car left the pits after coming in for some quick body work in 48th place overall or something rediculous like that, but was able to advance over 30 positions.

Very similar to when we were dead ass last on the starting grid at the Daytona event last year, but snaked our way back up to 18th or something at the halfway point before losing the engine.

The car is strong, but still has weak spots that the rules don't allow us to address right now (HP and brakes). We're running 14 year old Honda technology against current-day Porsches, BMWs, Nissans, Audis, etc. It's tough to do when you are allowed no engine or brake upgrades.... just suspension components.

I'll avoid spoilers for those who want to watch the race on TV (Friday, 14-Feb at 4PM Eastern on Speed-TV). We did finish the race, though not where we would have liked to. Even so, the team overcame a lot of adversity over the last month and still beat 2/3rds of the field.

EDR

My two favorites at Daytona..
f9c27c13.jpg

Back