• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

dali/mugen carbon glass lip on 02/03?

as the subject says, anyone got the dali/mugen carbon glass lip to fit on the 02/03 model year? if so please post pics and comments.

thanks,

The stock 02/03 lip is the same as a '97 lip, which also fits all other early year NSXes. Since the Dali lip definitely fits all early year NSXes, then the transitive property would suggest that the Dali lip will then fit 02/03 NSXes.

thanks. didn't know that 02/03 lip is same is 97. very good tip.

QWKSLVR said:
The stock 02/03 lip is the same as a '97 lip, which also fits all other early year NSXes. Since the Dali lip definitely fits all early year NSXes, then the transitive property would suggest that the Dali lip will then fit 02/03 NSXes.

I have checked into the 97 -2001 lip to work on the 2002-03. It will not work. I wanted to put one on my 02 and they are different.

uh oh...back to square 1 :(

nsxmofo said:
uh oh...back to square 1 :(

NSXMOFO
Chris at SOS said he could make one for the 02 and up.
Maybe we could get an order together so it will lower the price a bit. I will take 2 right of the top one for daily drive and one for the shows.:)
Any other NSX'ers out ther with 02-03 or the 02 front end set up want to get in on this one?

check PM. i'm down for 1 and would like to see cost of $250 or less.

i would also suggest having maybe a bit of an edge on the front lip. kind of like how the M3 has a nice aftermarket front CF lip with the edge. don't know if you can picture what i mean.

YES!!! exactly what i had in mind.

theWB said:
im with you there...lets ...do it time to find a fabricator...

everytime i see an m3 (including my friend's) with that lip or similar lip i ask "how come we can't get one like THAT!"

QWKSLVR said:

Your faith in the transitive property of matter is misplaced. The early lip is not the same shape as the later lip, and they are not interchangeable, nor will the late model one fit the early model cars.

nsxmofo said:
everytime i see an m3 (including my friend's) with that lip or similar lip i ask "how come we can't get one like THAT!"

We have a CF lip for the 2002-3 models in process at the moment, that looks similar to the RM style "splitter look" as the lips are good mounting points for front undertray kits. We are making them for the older shape as well and they will be WAY under $250.00. They have to be as Greg Hardee breaks too many of them. :D

god does exist!

theWB said:
lets get this done..

They will show up when they do - just like ordering wheels from VOLK :rolleyes: However, these are made a littler closer to home so it might be only a few weeks. The first test spoiler looked great and didn't quite fit the curve of the nose so I sent them home with the OE nose section off the car.

Back