• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali Racing just ripped me off too

Originally posted by fellow NSXers
I have Purchased 5-6 times from Mark at Dali, never a problem.

I have ordered at least 5 times stuff from MJ and never had a problem!

I have purchased over 50 parts from Mark over the last 4 years and have had the best of service from him

I also purchased many thousands of dollars of parts from Mark Johnson of Dali Racing, including a short gears transmission, headers, clutch and many smaller parts. I've supported him on this forum numerous times because he was always good to me too. Always answered my emails promptly, and even sent me the headers before I sent payment. I felt that we had a good relationship.

In prior emails, Mark Johnson implies that the complaints against him come from the same people over and over again:

From this thread:

Tim Biggs: Even removing my personal experiences, which could be construed as an aberation if it were an isolated event, there seems to be an inordinate number of disenchanted customers that surface whenever your company's name surfaces on Prime.

Mark Johnson (Dali Racing): Seems to me is the is the same ones over and over. Wowie.

Mark Johnson is wrong. Add yet another disgruntled customer to the list of people Mark Johnson of Dali racing has ripped off - me.

The clutch I bought from Mark, an ACT, was installed last March, 2003, and I promptly returned my core in exchange for the $400 core charge we had agreed upon. Now, nine months and many emails later, I still have not received my $400 core charge. Further, Mark Johnson no longer responds to my emails. So much for a good relationship.

Basically, Mark Johnson conned me. He schmoozed me as long as it suited him, and then, when he didn't want to bother with me any more, he ripped me off.

When it comes to dealing with Dali, the rule is caveat emptor: let the buyer beware.

same boat as u

I have been waiting since June 25th for my $400 clutch core that I KNOW I should have gotten back. I decided to replace my clutch with a ACT. The one I sent him back was definitely rebuildable. Never heard from him again. Almost 6 months later, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. How can this guy look at people in the face and still run a business. If many people were badmouthing me there is obvoiusly a problem, I would do my best to rectify the problem and make sure that shit never happens again. This Mark character is a pathetic clown. Shame on you Mark. Tell you the truth, I don't even care if I get my money back. Just going do business elsewhere. He could have made a killing off me with all the mods that I have bought in the last few months, but he chose to piss it away for $400.

Ps Mark, I hope you change your business practices for the better

Regards,
Danny

My New Dali T-Shirt

I originally was going to throw away my NSXPO 2004 Dali t-shirt, but then I had a better idea:

Attachments

• tshirt.jpg
    tshirt.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,826
Back