• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali Replacement Cushion "Leather"

JC

Registered Member
HELLO EVERYONE:
I am about one inch to tall for my 1998 NSX-T.I see Dali offers a replacement Leather cushion. Has anyone out there purchased one. Does the old one just unbolt, is it something I could do. How does it look, is it a good match. Thanks for all the information. This is a great NSX web site, thanks again for any information.

JC

I have the same problem - which I think is partly because I like to drive upright, and partly because my sunroof lowered the liner a little.

Does anyone know of something that would match my Ivory interior?

I'm 6'2", and particulary long legged.
I have the Dali Replacement cushion, covered in leather. This is in my 91 (coupe, obviosuly).
My car is red/black so the color is a very close match. The leather is of very good quality, although not an exact match to the texture of the leather used in 91, but close. Guess if you were to enter in a Concours you'd lose points. It's close enough for me.
At the track, it gave me the additional headroom for a less compromised seating position while helmeted.
Around town it dramatically changes the feel of the car. You are that much closer to the road, the shifter to arm relationship is changed, and the seat all of a sudden is providing support on your hips. A much 'racier' feel.
However, I once forgot to bring along my original cushion on a 3 hour stint. It verged on torture. YMMV based on biological padding.

For the occasional track use, you could just remove the stock cushion and sit on dense foam directly on the seat pan. Home Depot upgrade style.

When I returned to the stock cushion, it was like sitting in a luxo-boat by comparison.

Fabian,

Do you think there is some type of material one could insert in to the Dali racing cushion that may provide better cushioning? Perhaps a gel pad of some sort?

I do not own an NSX yet, but I am 6'4 and I would be purchasing the Dali cushion for street use, not just track use.

Back