• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali short shifter and Gruppe-N shift knob (with pictures)

M-P

Experienced Member
Just got around to installing my Dali short shifter kit and Gruppe-N shift knob and I have to say that I'm very happy with the results. The shift knob alone is 35mm lower than factory (I measured it and the top of the knob is only 5mm above the top of the shifter shaft)...then add the short shift kit and you have a significant change. I thought about getting the shifter shaft shortened as well, but that definitely isn't necessary with this combination.

Anyway, here are some pictures.

Neutral

IMG_20120216_075714.jpg

3rd Gear

IMG_20120216_075809.jpg

4th Gear

IMG_20120216_075814.jpg

3rd Gear Top View

IMG_20120216_075732.jpg

4th Gear Top View

IMG_20120216_075738.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good.

I have the same shift knob, love it. Only thing was mine came with the wrong thread pitch s I had to use an adapter from another aftermarket shift knob I just happened to have to make it work. :rolleyes:

..and you dropped a penny in the passenger side floor :)

Looks good.

I have the same shift knob, love it. Only thing was mine came with the wrong thread pitch s I had to use an adapter from another aftermarket shift knob I just happened to have to make it work. :rolleyes:

..and you dropped a penny in the passenger side floor :)

Thanks...and there were actually two pennies on the floor :).

I think Dali size it to bottom out without an extended shaft. The entry hole diameter is much bigger than the thread diameter...probably 14mm vs. 10x1.5 threads.

Hi,

i also installed:

- Dali short shifter
- SOS stalk with extended thread
- NSX-R NA2 OEM shift knob

you can see the details in my build thread, in post #7

I don't quite know why 3 photos don't have thumbnails (boot, stalk and knob),
but you can still click to see them in my gallery

Thanks,
Nuno

Back