• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dash CCU illumination

Hello Primers. I'm back! Purchased a '97 NSX a few weeks ago and she's a beauty! Previous NSX was a '95 and while I adored my first NSX, I have to say I'm really liking the NA2 changes.

The NSX was ppi'd by SOS and delivered to me. She runs strong and basically a perfect specimen until this morning. I had not even tried the CCU (did I mention SOS did a thorough PPI) until this morning's drive to work and I immediately noticed that the CCU amber images would not come on. However, the A/C works great, modes change properly, fan speed is perfect control - just simply no illumination on the CCU.

That freaked me out a little bit and then I got to notice my dash gauges were not illuminated. It was pretty sunny out but when I flipped the head lights on, I couldn't tell if any "dimmer" action was occurring. So this evening I checked out Fuse 38 and it is fine. DVM shows it is not open circuit (blown).

Next, I turn on head lights and start to adjust the dimming. The clock, radio and dash lights dim as they should. Still, no lighting on the CCU. Other illuminated elements (switch on driver's door, cruise control, etc.) in the cockpit also work properly.

My question to the group.... Does the dash illuminate during daytime driving or only once the headlights are activated? If that is the case, looks like I simply have an isolated CCU issue (hello BrianK). But if the dash lights are illuminated during daytime driving, my problem is more sinister.

As I said, Fuse 38 is good, AND the dimmer control is working when the head lights are active.

Help a brother out. I am thinking the dash gauges should always be illuminated. Not just when the headlights or parking lights are on.

Thanks! -shaun

Thanks Brian! That's a load off my mind. Guess the only problem is the CCU. Not sure if I really care about fixing that at the moment, but I know where to send it when the time comes. :wink:

Back