• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dash Pad Pics - Best NSX option!!!

Heres those pics I promised on the Dash Crack Kills Post.
Its made by Dashhugger, D&E Tm, California, 1-619-241-3577
The car came with this! It has the 4 slots and 1 round hole near the windshield for the vents and sensor. I really like it. Took it off the other day, drove around the block and came right back to put it back on. Maybe someone in california can call them and see if their still in business and what the price would be for the rest of the gang. I am not affil.........
Trev

Attachments

• dashcover1.jpg
    dashcover1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2,276
3rd pic

3rd pic

Last edited:
4th pic

4 pic

Last edited:
5th pic

5th pic

Last edited:
6th pic

6th pic

Attachments

• dashcover6.jpg
    dashcover6.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,516
F-car alert!

hmmm, do that dash-pad thingie to your WHOLE interior, add some CF-trim & gut your luxo' items (A/C, stereo, carpet, etc)... you got a back-yard F40!!! :p

I'm sorry, but that looks absolutely AWFUL. I would NEVER do that to my car. It looks like you stuck two trunk mats together and slapped it on there.

Pictures dont do it justice

Yes, the pics do make it look ugly and cheap but in real life its really great. Its dark black and you dont even notice it.
I saw a pic from the original owner before I bought the car and thought it was the uglyiest thing I've ever seen. In real life its great.
Netviper, your post is insulting and rediculous. If your not thrilled, then just say its not for me or avoid the thread so the rest of us can share our ideas and enjoy life!
Trev

Hi Trev,

One thing I don't understand is what is the purpose of this? All joking asside is there something wrong with your dash? Does this keep it from getting to hot? Is this to hide the crack that almost all early model cars have by the sun sensor?

Just wondering what problems these are designed to cure.

Take care...

Just like you have the right to post and say you love this or love that... others have the right to disagree and tell you they don't think it looks good.

If you are truly insulted by some of the responses then I would suggest refraining from posting pics and such that might solicit opinions from others.

Well, it doesn't look THAT bad. I've seen them in other cars and most of the time they look good. I purchased one like this a while back and didn't leave it - just didn't look right to me. Oh well, different strokes...

I'm kinda surprised no one has done a dash in alcantera leather. That'd look awesome.

Novitec Rosso did a good job with their 360 interior.

http://novitecrosso.com/start_i.html

Re: Pictures dont do it justice

ffffanman said:
Netviper, your post is insulting and rediculous. If your not thrilled, then just say its not for me or avoid the thread so the rest of us can share our ideas and enjoy life!
Trev

I am sorry if you are insulted, but you say this is the "BEST NSX OPTION". That is your opinion. Mine is that it looks horrid and extremely cheap.

Luckily your 91 doesn't have a passenger airbag or your passenger would get a face full of cheap carpet if you got in an accident.:D

Too much fun!

This is too much fun! Thanks Netviper!
Its amazing how that pad reduces glare!
My dash Isn't cracked at all!
Keep the fight going.
Trev
p.s. I'm going to take it off for the weekend and see how that goes. Wish I could let everyone try it for a day, but I'm not sam from Bewitched!

It really is ugly!

I just looked at that last picture I posted.
That dash pad is butt ugly in pictures.
No wonder I can't pick up any chicks!
Trev

Re: It really is ugly!

ffffanman said:
No wonder I can't pick up any chicks!
Trev

haha.. now that is funny!:)

Where are you in edmonton? I was born there.

chicks

Correct me if I'm wrong NetViper -- but I'd rather be picking up chicks in Georgia vs Canada. I'll preface this by saying I've never been to Canada, but as a general rule in The States, the girls are much better looking the further south you get. I've spent many vacations in Maine, and you'd be hard pressed to find anything gorgeous up there.
Back to the post -- anyone have a tip on reducing dash glare. I keep thinking I'm going to smash a deer for the stupid reason that I was blinded from my own dash. Also, I'm gald to see that the disagreement on this post has remained civil.
Jesse

That's hideous. Spend the money and re-apolster (sp?) the interior with 1992-94 NSX-R style suede/nubuck. You'll never get window reflections then....

Re: Re: Pictures dont do it justice

NetViper said:
I am sorry if you are insulted, but you say this is the "BEST NSX OPTION". That is your opinion. Mine is that it looks horrid and extremely cheap.

Now that is brutal!! but to the point :) I like that being from NY haha.

The dash pad doesn't suit the NSX....my 2cents. Alcantara would be cool as someone else commented.

Jack

Last edited:
I don't know why you would need a dash mat in Canada but here in Arizona it can get hot enough in a car during the summer to literally melt the dash. I've never seen it happen to an NSX but I've seen it in other car. The mat can often prevent severe sun damage here and in other warmer climates. I don't especially like the look either but it can prevent an expensive repair down the road.

I just keep my car parked in the garage all the time, then again that will be really easy to to since my snap ring went this weekend!

Back