• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dates for NSXPO 2004

Several people have been asking when NSXPO 2004 will take place in Watkins Glen, New York.

The dates will be October 8-12, 2004. (Yes, the exact same dates as NSXPO 2003.) The social activities will take place over the October 8-10 weekend, and the track event will be Monday-Tuesday, October 11-12.

To sneak a peak, here are a couple of links:
Track Information
Area Information

Block off your calendar now!

Friendly Wager

Block off your calendar now!

Right, but do they listen? Care to predict how many of the below we'll see fifty weeks from now? :D

"Can I pay for only a few days because I am not organized enough to plan that far ahead to save time for the entire event?"

"Dang it I'm mad because I can't get off work."

"Uh, I only heard about the event a few weeks ago."

"Why was it that weekend? Can you change the dates?" (First person to ask this gets bonged on the head.)

"I don't want to go because of risk of rain or snow that time of the year." (Awww, poopsie you can always wash the car at the HQ hotel. Besides, even if it didn't precipitate you will probably still wash the car.)

"Can I bring my cousin free who I haven't seen in two years? He's only 250 LB but doesn't eat much, promise."

"I think the cost is a rip." (Then don't go.)

We(NENSXCA) can't wait to introduce our nsxpo friends to our great and historic local track!BTW Andy Your right,lol ,but human nature being what it is ,that comes with the territory.The one thing that this web thing as well as going to xpo's has taught me is that as the sample population of humans goes up so to does the variable and often extreme range of behavior and response,often opposite to what common sense would otherwise predict!

What was the approximate cost to ship cars from the East (NY area) to the West and back?

NSXPO 2004 Transport

Chris at SOS arranged many of the transports for 2003, he would be a great source for info.

ss_md said:
What was the approximate cost to ship cars from the East (NY area) to the West and back?

We used Intercity and booked the entire trailer. Total roundtrip cost was $16,000 split 7 ways. This was an enclosed trailer.

fae9acfa.jpg

faf73a50.jpg

faf739cb.jpg

faf73946.jpg

coolnsx said:
Driving just became a viable option!! :eek: :eek:
That's at least 10 - 12 days of driving round trip!! :eek: :eek:

Actualy one of our members made the drive in 3.5 days!pa-ca.When the time draws near I'm sure there will be plenty of options and folks willing to share the cost of shipping.

Originally posted by NSXGeek!
Curious... Being that there are intermittent snow showers in Watkins Glen now
Nonsense.

Damn Sunbelters don't even know how to read a weather map, let alone the difference between snow showers and flurries. Same folks who missed out on the wonderful weather at NSXPO 2001 in Wisconsin.

Originally posted by NSXGeek!
what are the chances that we should pack snow tires instead of race tires?
:rolleyes:

Zero.

This is the same as the answer to the following question: "How much snow has fallen in Watkins Glen in the entire month of October in the previous thirty years?" Zero.

Normal high for October 11: 62 degrees F
Normal low for October 11: 39 degrees F

Last edited:
I became a new owner in July 2003, to late foe me to make to the EXPO in the vineyards. I will not miss The Glen in 2004 for anything in the world!!

NSXPO 01 I missed because I was not an NSX owner.
NSXPO 02 I was a owner but thought it was too far to go.
NSXPO 03 I thought it would cost to much to go all the way to CA.
NSXPO 04 I will be there!!! :D

Last edited:
Briank said:
NSXPO 01 I missed because I was not an NSX owner.
NSXPO 02 I was a owner but thought it was too far to go.
NSXPO 03 I thought it would cost to much to all the way to CA.
NSXPO 04 I will be there!!! :D

All of the above for me too :D :D :D

I'm going to make the trip up to the good old USA! Will I be the first person from overseas ??

Haven't we had some delegates from Japan, and I think a visitor from Italy?

AndyVecsey said:
Haven't we had some delegates from Japan, and I think a visitor from Italy?
Yes. There have been attendees from Japan at several NSXPOs including NSXPO 2003. Others have come from Italy (NSXPO '98), Switzerland (NSXPO '99), the Netherlands (NSXPO '99), and Norway (NSXPO 2002). No one from Down Under yet.

I guess attendees from Hawaii (NSXPO '99, NSXPO 2001, NSXPO 2003) qualify as both "good old USA" and "overseas". :D And those from Canada (every NSXPO) are neither. All are welcome, of course.

Last edited:
Briank said:
NSXPO 03 I thought it would cost to much to all the way to CA.
Airfare to California, round trip (thank you Southwest): $170

NSXPO 2003 registration fee: $255

Four nights at headquarters hotel, shared room: $284

Seeing CHP motorcycle cops keeping intact a line of 150 NSXs for 80 miles in the carpool lane during rush hour: Priceless

ss_md said:
That's at least 10 - 12 days of driving round trip!! :eek: :eek:

I was surprised to find just how comfy and supportive the NSX seats are. Now the trunk, well...pack like your backpacking in Europe.
Drove the first leg of the trip solo from Cleveland to Sioux Falls ~950 miles. We drove approximately 3200 miles each way using interstates about 80% of time. It took us 4 days each way Cleveland to San Rafael. A few points worth mentioning: 7200 miles on car in 13 days, rear tires were near slicks pulling into San Rafael, ~$500 in gas...scratches....cross country trip in an NSX mirrors the credit card commercial, PRICELESS.

Excuses? We don't need no stinkin' excuses...

I, and my quick wife, Maria, have been to every NSXPO since 2000...
'00 Atlanta (Road Atlanta), in my back yard, slept at home. I loved it.
'01 Wisconsin (Road America), too far to drive, weather concerns... went anyway. Spectacular drive through S. Appalachians, Perfect weather, great setting, legendary race track. We loved it.
'02 TX (Motorsport Ranch, TX motorspeedway). 12 hrs from Atl. no brainer. Perfect weather. We loved it.
'03 CA (Infineon). Too far to drive, shipped the car on an open carrier (Atl-CA-Atl $1500 RT). Had to wash the car on arrival :D . Awesome track. Perfect weather. We loved it.
'04 NY (the Glen) Can't wait. I'll have to drive straight up the spine of the Appalachians. Heck, might even take TWO days:eek: Weather concerns? HAH! I learned long ago that it's as much about the PEOPLE as the car. Sure, I'll be disappointed if the weather sucks next Oct in NY, but I'd be more disappointed if I DIDN'T go. NSX OWNERS: if you haven't been to an NSXPO, your life is incomplete.

Thats the spirit!Xpo is a funny thing, once you go and form some friendships iether with your own clique as the NE has or with other regions,you have to go...its like migration,hibernation,masterb@@&^%....well you get the idea its a force you can't deny!:)

john576 said:
I was surprised to find just how comfy and supportive the NSX seats are. Now the trunk, well...pack like your backpacking in Europe.

Hey John, don't forget that the rear glass hatch also doubles as a trunk for a small, soft-sided piece of luggage. Also great for dry cleaning!! :D

I've already blocked out those dates in my schedule for next year.

I can't wait, my first NSXPO!

Back