• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DC area get together?

What date do you prefer?

• 7/17

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 7/18

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 7/24

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7/25

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

ak

Legendary Member
How about it gang? It's been a while since we had a meet with good turn out. I know some of you have been waiting to show off your car so let's see it! The problem seems to have been schedule conflict, so let's plan ahead and we can get the best turn out. I for one am flexible.

Locations I can suggest are:

Tysons 2 Parking lot
Reston Town Center
Fairfax Hooters :D

Feel free to suggest something else. Let's see some ideas for activities!

I'll email the mid-Atlantic list and ask everyone to post up here.

Also- I hear Jason is having a turbo installed- hope it is ready in time.

Tyson's II, Reston, etc.

FYI - Tyson's II has a pretty lousy parking lot policy, and they don't hesitate to enforce said policy.

I went to a Lambo meet there last summer. We were told to leave the lot immediately, or walk in to the mall (their goal was for us not to loiter in the parking lot, I assume). We'd only been there for twenty minutes or so, and at that time there were only seven or eight cars in attendance.

We explained that the group intended to assemble, dine at Maggiano's, and then go on about our afternoon. That's when the park ranger guy said either go in the mall, or leave the property. We left and went to Chili's (or whatever the restaurant is next to Tiffany's).

I'd suggest Reston Town Center. Not only is it a more relaxed location, but they have no park rangers running around to harass you.

As an aside, Reston Town Center is car-friendly in terms of helping out. They set aside parking for Ford Mustang Club events, and they used to host a yearly exotic/Italian car show. maybe a phone call over there would yield a primo parking area for the NSX's.

Dining options are pretty good at Reston as well.

Eddie

This sounds like a great idea...I'm definitely in at either of the locations! :D

--- Kevin

PS: I would be inclined to think the Reston town center would be a great location for a big meet.

My paint was suppose to be done last friday... but there was a small blimish on the quarter panel so they are repainting it for me. It should be done next week... so this time I hope to have the NSX with me ;) I am open to anything.

I vote for Reston Town Center. 17/18/25 are all good dates. I'm glad nobody has voted for the 24th, since there will be a Drift Exhibition in DC (FedEx Field) that saturday. Anyone interested?

What's the timeframe: lunch, mid afternoon meet, dinner ??? :confused:

ARYNSX, 1TITENSX, we can hit Hooters after the meet. :eek:

Last edited:
I might be in for the 25th as this is the best day for me. I would really like to come back to hang out with everyone. Hooters sounds like an excellent idea. We did a meet down here in Virginia Beach at Hooters and had a great time there. Just thought about something...what will those chicks do when they see all those NSXs in one spot :D

With regards to Reston Town Center, it is indeed a good location. However, the parking situation there is a nightmare every day of the week..... something we may want to consider in the choosing of a location.

I can go scout some more locations. I'm pretty sure Dulles Town Center would be pretty wide open but it'd also be far from some of you. As for hooters, the only problem is that the parking is somewhat scarce.

Sig, do you have your car back btw?

I will make a "reserved parking" inquiry at Reston Town Center for Sunday 7/25 (since that has the highest response in the poll). If all else fails we can all park on the roof of the Hyatt garage- it's open to the public and no-one is ever there. Also, there are several restuarants at the Town Center that could probably give us a private room at no charge, depending on the turnout.

DCNSX said:
I will make a "reserved parking" inquiry at Reston Town Center for Sunday 7/25 (since that has the highest response in the poll). If all else fails we can all park on the roof of the Hyatt garage- it's open to the public and no-one is ever there. Also, there are several restuarants at the Town Center that could probably give us a private room at no charge, depending on the turnout.

That all sounds excellent Howard, line it up !! :D

Sundays are best for me. I am not interested in Karting. When you have a NSX it is much more fun to drive than a go-kart. I would be interested in a spirited drive through the country. Not interested in hanging out in Hooters. Could meet with you guys in VA, but prefer a location in MD.

I have not had my car out of the garage for about 8 months. I am really looking for an excuse to get out and go fast!

Scott Silverman
Criswell Chevrolet, Lamborghini, Lotus, Kia, Hummer, Honda Car and Motorcycles, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Victory, etc, etc.
Gaithersburg, MD

Cell 240-876-8233

Sunday 7/25 works

Of course I didn't vote for it but I should be back in town on the 25th, so just let me know when/where. I assume I will still have the NSX around then and it won't be sold yet!

Chat

But it is so much more fun to drive your nsx when u have some track and kart time under your belt ;) Plus u can not really take your nsx to the limit on the streets or race your friends for position. So our karting trips turn into lots of fun. iI vote for karting and then an after karting nsx cruise. The 25th looks good to me. I could not make a sat trip as I have to teach a sat class this semester.

Reston Parking Confirmed

Guys- I have confirmed parking with Reston Town Center for Sunday 7/25. We can use as many spaces as needed in the main outdoor lot (bordered by Rio Grande and Starbucks). All we need to do is block off the spaces ourselves to reserve them- so someone needs to get there early. Volunteers?

For restaurants, I would suggest McCormick & Schmicks (primarily seafood) or M&S Grille (American cuisine). Both have private rooms that we can use. Let me know what you think and I will contact them and make a reservation for 1pm on Sunday. We can meet with the cars beforehand- around noon.

I'm down for the 25th. For those interested, we can go-kart at www.allsportsgp.com afterwards. I don't mind country drives but I am not familiar enough with the roads to lead one. Let's get a roll-call going...

I'm in for lunch

I will be in for the lunch and then probably have to bail, but looking forward to it. I will be there with my NSX if I haven't sold it yet (if anyone knows someone that might be interested you can have them check out my listing in my sig).

Again, I will definitely be there and looking forward to this. Either resturant is fine with me :) And a spirited cruise and/or Karting sounds great too if we decide to do it :)

PS: I can now showcase my new full body paint job and 3 day old O.Z. racing supperleggra's (17/18). By the 25 th I may even have my new shocks/springs (1.25 inch drop) installed to boot :D

After lunch, some want karting and some want to cruise. It is possible to do both (or the group could split up). I am going to send an email to the list and create a new thread for an 8/25 event. Thanks, ak, for getting the ball rolling!

Back