• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DC-area NSX event set for Sun. 4/16 !!!

DC-area NSX event set for Sun. 5/16 !!!

NSXers: We will have an NSX meet Sunday 5/16 near Dulles, VA. We have reserved the indoor kart track at Allsports Grand Prix for 2pm. Track details at: www.allsportsgp.com

WE NEED YOUR INPUT: Other activities can include a lunch (beforehand) and/or a scenic drive beginning in the morning, perhaps to Harper's Ferry, WV. Any other suggestions are welcome. This will be our first area event of 2004, so let's get everyone out. There are several new owners on the list anxious to meet everyone.

Note: Pohanka cannot sponsor an event until late June, but we will still try to do that event later. However, many NSXers with Spring Fever want to do something earlier.

Pls. post up HERE to RSVP. -Howard Stanton

Last edited:
AK- thanks- date is fixed. event is Sunday MAY 16th.

5/16 sounds great. I'm down for the drive/lunch/kart race. What about lunch @ Harper's Ferry?

You were right about Summit Point: was the best time I've had with my car ... ever!!! Now, even the dragstrip seems boring. I recorded two of my runs and several views of other cars, then made a 17 minute "mini-movie" of it.

Here's a photo from our '99 outing from MD to VA to Harper's Ferry, WV. This is perhaps the most valuable ferry cargo ever to cross the Potomac on "The General Jubal A. Early" at White's Ferry. I think there were 17 NSX's on board. (We won't be taking the ferry this trip).

Attachments

• hferry27_small[1].jpg
    hferry27_small[1].jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 384
DCNSX said:
Here's a photo from our '99 outing from MD to VA to Harper's Ferry, WV. This is perhaps the most valuable ferry cargo ever to cross the Potomac on "The General Jubal A. Early" at White's Ferry. I think there were 17 NSX's on board. (We won't be taking the ferry this trip).

There must have been some serious scraping goin on on that trip. I scrape my unlowered 330 everytime I take that ferry. :eek:

Count me in Howard :cool:

"Inexcess" are you comming or not !? ...seems like we're going to have a lot of X'ers on this one :D

Last edited:
plans for NSX Drive/Lunch/Kart Race

Here are the tentative plans for Sunday 5/16:

10:30am- Meet at Allsports Grand Prix and depart for Harper's Ferry, WV

Noon- Lunch at the Hilltop House Hotel in Harper's Ferry

1pm- Depart Harper's Ferry for return to Allsports Grand Prix

2pm- Kart Racing at Allsports

I will attend sans-nsx. I would prefer to be a passenger as I do not think my beater will keep up with the pack. Howie you have an extra seat? I have never been in an NSX-T ;) I never got the road blastin blues either ;( We could always sign up for the 4 hour kart session? Ha.

A definite maybe (if that's possible) :)

Hey Guys,

I am a tentative right now - depends on a few things clearing up on the weekend. I will RSVP for sure later in the week.

Chat

What to bring Sunday

For the drive: Sunscreen, bottled water, 2-way radio, "get-out-of-jail-free" card.

For kart racing: shorts and extra t-shirt (Allsports provides a full-length pullover racing suit which can get hot, so shorts are recommended vs. long pants.) Also, if you have your own: helmet, driving gloves and shoes.

Note: We'll do both the drive and kart racing rain or shine. I will provide driving directions at Allsports. See you at 10:30 Sunday!

My cell is 703.593.4273 -Howard Stanton

nevermind....

My nephew is playing in the NCAA opener in Lacrosse tomorrow. So I'll be cheering him on (Plays for Towson) at Georgetown. Have a safe drive.

Tom

The outlook calls for rain on Sunday :( I am going to try to make it for go karting in Chantilly, but looks like no scenic drive for me.

The Drive is a GO!

9:30 am Sunday- Weather is clearing- storms are heading East of DC so we should be in the clear. For the drive, we'll meet as planned at 10:30 at Allsports. If anyone wants to meet just for lunch and the drive back, go to Harpers Ferry WV and at the top of the highest hill is ... you guessed it... the Hilltop Hotel. You can't miss it- ask anyone in town if you can't find it. We'll be there around noon for lunch. Karting will start around 2:30 pm. Call me if needed. 703.593.4273 -Howard

03Accord6SP,

I hope you and your family recover quickly from that accident. That was pretty serious. Hope everyone gets better soon. If you need a good body shop, let me know. I have a list of good ones in Va. that will probably be on your insurance company's list.

That heavy rain can make it really difficult to drive on those winding roads especially with those blind drops.

-William

William, what happened?? I met up with Howard at the Kart place and he said he just lost you guys. We were wondering what happened, but never expected an accident. I hope no one was hurt... 03, let me know if you guys need any help.

-ak

Back