• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DC Area to repair wheel?

A friend of my ran his new 19 VOLK onto a curb and you guess it!!
He asked me to seek from the wise member of nsxprime if there is any wheel restoration shop in the DC area.

Thanks

I took my volk to be repaired twice at Ye Ole wheel shop in columbia MD. About $100 per wheel to repair. What color is his wheel? Since colors on volk wheels are adonized and not painted, they can't match the color so I ended up polishing the lip.

-ak

its not gun metal but is a darker silver.

Thanks

They'll be able to repair the wheel and straighten it out but not sure about how it'll come out as far as color. It may leave some mark where they push in to straighten the wheel and since they can't repaint to clear it, it will no longer be perfect. But this will be the same for any wheel repair shop. Take the wheel there and ask what they think.

thanks for the info. Will have my friend to give them a call.

So AK, you had your wheel repaired there but they couldn't fix the color. How much did you pay to polish them (and where)?? I have Volks and I bent one in a pot hole and I'm probably going to take it to the shop you recommended.

e_nsx said:
So AK, you had your wheel repaired there but they couldn't fix the color. How much did you pay to polish them (and where)?? I have Volks and I bent one in a pot hole and I'm probably going to take it to the shop you recommended.

I think it was like $75 for each wheel. Can't remember for sure tho.

Oh yeah, I forgot the mention the wait time....it took about 1 month to get my wheels back.... Not exactly quick...

Not sure about chrome wheels. Call them. their number is (410) 796-8400

ak

They do not Chrome, they can straighten/fix about anything. They do good paint work and will polish all or lips. If you need help let me know, I go by Ye Ole 3 or 4 time a day, and have been dealing with them for years. If you/I drop the wheel off and pick it up, usually goes a little quicker.
I am also in NOVA ~ once a week of so. I am supposed to be at Meyer Emco on King st later but???

Back