• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DC Auto show

Does anyone know if Honda will be bringing the NSX concept to the DC auto show? That would entice me to pop in and give the convention a look.

stranger things have happened, but don't count on it. very few concept cars ever make it to the DC auto show, Nissan didn't even bring a GT-R last year...or a 370Z for that matter.

The show is usually a big disappointment. The only time I go is when I'm on the market to replace my SUV with another because the lease is ending and I want to get a quick overview of everything and not deal with salesmen. Depending on what catches my eyes, feels comfortable, etc.. I'll then head to dealers for a closer look.

The good stuff never comes to the Nation's Capital (which I will never understand why not). We always get shafted.

Unfortunely no 2012 NSX port at the Washington Auto show!!! Confirmed by Local Acura DEALERS!
So Pissed!!!
They said maybe at New York Auto Show and will keep me posted.
Ugh!!!!

Unfortunely no 2012 NSX port at the Washington Auto show!!! Confirmed by Local Acura DEALERS!
So Pissed!!!
They said maybe at New York Auto Show and will keep me posted.
Ugh!!!!

Lame. I'm going with my wife to look at SUVs, was hoping the new NSX would be there...

Pohanka Acura will certainly have the new NSX on display just as soon as it's released here in the US. I'll keep everyone posted on the arrival date once it gets closer.:wink:

I'll be going to the motor trend show at the Baltimore convention center this Thursday. It would be cool to see the new NSX there but I doubt it will be there. The show in Baltimore is mainly GMs. The only cars I remember seeing there that were concepts were the new camaro and corvette sting ray. The GM stand is huge. The Acura stand that was there was not even a quarter of the size of the GM stand. Still it would be sweet to see the NSX......

I'll be going to the motor trend show at the Baltimore convention center this Thursday. It would be cool to see the new NSX there but I doubt it will be there. The show in Baltimore is mainly GMs. The only cars I remember seeing there that were concepts were the new camaro and corvette sting ray. The GM stand is huge. The Acura stand that was there was not even a quarter of the size of the GM stand. Still it would be sweet to see the NSX......

Let us know if it's there or not.

Went to the motor trend show in Baltimore today. Unfortunately there was no new NSX. They brought a Acura ITZ concept and a $9,593,000 Acura SHIELD TL and I am not joking about the price tag. I was the car from the Thor and Captain America movie so I guess they had it just for fun. About the motor trend show. I go every year. I remember when it use to have 3 floors. Then the last two years it was only 2 floors and this year it was
only 1. There was no Mercedes Benz, no BMW, no Audi, no Porsche, no Ferrari, no Lamborghini,
no Mitsubishi, no Aston Martin, no Land Rover. Nissan was there but no GTR. This show use to have all these car companies and they also had a tuner section on the 2nd floor and some motorcycles. The only cars in my opinion worth seeing were the 2012 VW Beetle, the Fiat 500, and the new Subaru BRZ concept. I understand the economy is bad, but this show was great back in the day but today not so much.......if you like GM and Ford, then its great. Toyota was the only other stand that was pretty nice but all the other car companies stand were not impressive. It was almost like the organizers only wanted the American car stands to stand out and the other to look pathetic. Don't get me wrong, I liked seeing the Shelby GT500 and the Corvette ZR1, but I saw them the last two years and from far away they just look like a standard corvette and mustang and they were also locked. Its not like the interior is any different then the standard car

Last edited:
Went to the motor trend show in Baltimore today. Unfortunately there was no new NSX. They brought a Acura ITZ concept and a $9,593,000 Acura SHIELD TL and I am not joking about the price tag.

Odd, that seems way off from what I read online:

Acura has become the official vehicle of the “extra-government intelligence and security organization” called S.H.I.E.L.D.(Supreme Headquarters International Espionage Law-enforcement Division).

The car displayed at Megacon featured a sleek black 2012 Acura TL equipped with flashing lights, S.H.I.E.L.D. logos, and a “Roof-mounted Sound-Cannon a.k.a. The Hulk Buster”. Along with other standard features, the vehicle was priced out at $227,085.00(vehicle not actually for sale).

I'm sorry I was a little off on the price. Here are some pics
009-5.jpg

016.jpg

014-4.jpg

Only off by $9.3M. LOL! Did they make a mistake on the sticker?? No way that could be accurate.

Last edited:
The show is usually a big disappointment. The only time I go is when I'm on the market to replace my SUV with another because the lease is ending and I want to get a quick overview of everything and not deal with salesmen. Depending on what catches my eyes, feels comfortable, etc.. I'll then head to dealers for a closer look.

The good stuff never comes to the Nation's Capital (which I will never understand why not). We always get shafted.

Agree.

Back