• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DC-Headers Rave

[sarcastic]
At NSXPO 2002 i took some DC-Sports headers with me back to holland, got them fitted somewhere in 2003 @ 140Kkm (88Kmil.).
Now, @ 182Kkm (115Kkm) the flexible piece came off completely. Thats 30kmil. for them to go in bits.
I'm stunned it lasted that long, i mean, for 1200 USD (at the time) you expect realy bad quality.

I suppose i try to get them welded on the car, seems you can reach it fairly well. Dunno if its easy to get them welded though.
If i cant get them welded, i'll order another pair of DC-headers, they been very relaible!
[/sarcastic]

Should have gotten the CT ones at the time, i knew the flex piece would go faulty, but ffs, not within 30Kmil. The whole damn thing still looks like new.

Should have gotten the CT ones at the time, i knew the flex piece would go faulty, but ffs, not within 30Kmil. The whole damn thing still looks like new.

:frown: Big s*it !

I also plan to buy me one of those Taiwan copies of the DC headers. (But not decided yet)
Guess it's not a question that this will happen with them as well.

Could it make sense to displace those flex-tubes completely with tubes before installing ?

Or to replace them against some like this? :
bild_flex_weiss.jpg

Here is a specialized company where you can obtain Flex-tubes and exhaust-tubes online:

http://www.uni-fit.de/dok/auswahl_flex.htm

Pls let me know if you decide to get the rid of the headers.

Good luck!

Regards Michael

Last edited:
Back