• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DC Sports improved the quality of their headers? "fact/myth"

Re: hmmm...

Larry Bastanza said:
Ditto:).

They [B&B / RM] have been reliable, no cracks etc. But the slip joint only seals when they are hot, so you have exhasut leaks while it is warming up. I would have to put them at the bottom on build quality, the welds are sloppy, not like the others shown above, including the DC. Also during the install I had to clearance the front beam, since it interfered with the #6 header pipe. Not my idea of well built.
I had the same experience.

The weld finishing was poor (although none of the joints have failed). I spent several hours cleaning up the welds on the inside of inlets to eliminate numerous rough spots. That should have been done before the headers left the shop.

I also had an interference problem although that has mysteriously cured itself.

Finally, the O2 sensor on each header is located high up in the center tube near the engine, not in the collector (where it would sample the gases from all three tubes). So the sampling of the exhaust gases is only made from one cylinder, not from three, which will not give optimum sampling.

Would I buy them again? No. I would get the TAITEC or the SoS types.

Last edited:
I resurrected this thread because I am trying to find out who on here actually has first hand experience with the Taitec or S.O.S. headers. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller.... ;)

I did what Osiris x 11 mentions -- I have a '91 and installed a DC Sports for a '95 with a lcoally fabricated extender like the SOS, doing away with the flex joint. Since I did cat bypasses (aka test pipes), the extender and the test pipes were fabricated into a single unit with the ball-type joint and no flex. The price, and relative quality were excellent and this approach did away with the issues noted in this thread.

imho dc headers are not worth the chance that:

1. the flex joint will fail,
  2. or the headers will rattle (I have a little dc header rattle, but it's getting better as the install settles in)
Lots of good hp, reasonable cost, high quality choices like Taitec, SOS, or Comptech, if you can get a good group buy price.

Back