• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Dealer Installed Accessories" question

On my order form I have 2 items for this section. Are they just as they are described, installed at the dealership, not the factory?

I am asking because if they are as they seem I am curious what kind of delay these installs will cause.

The CF roof and audio both show up in this section FYI.

Doesn't look right, but it may just b e a document glitch.

Those are both in the FIF (factory installed features) category.

Where is your car?

I wish Acura did stuff like Ferrari.

Once the car is built, they take some pics in a staging area and send them along to you prior to delivery.

Once you get the car, can you please take a picture near the new New Balance headquarters? One of my apartment buildings is just on the other side of the Pike from there and NB has increased my equity big time.

I wish Acura did stuff like Ferrari.
Once the car is built, they take some pics in a staging area and send them along to you prior to delivery.

Bricks, judging by the constant stream of faults you find in Honda/Acura I don't know why you ordered an NSX.
It sounds like you would be much happier dealing with Ferrari or Porsche who would look after you better.

I just like to razz them cuz they really are not ready for the custom high end auto biz.

We have had Hondas since the 70s.

I have always believed the engineering part of the company is far better than the business side.

For the last 10+ years it seems like the business folks held all the cards. Our 04 TL was the only Honda product that I would consider junk.

Somehow the engineers got their hooks into enough resources to get this car developed.

- - - Updated - - -

How much would it cost to take a few pictures of the car and email it to the person who has committed their financial resources and have waited for the car?

This is my original order form and I think there are options listed there because they ran out of room in the regular box.

Makes a lot more sense now that I think about it.

I do agree completely BTW that the transparency here is nonexistent and they honestly come off as not giving two sh!ts how inconvenient it is for their customers. They are well aware that picking mine up is going to involve 6 hours of total driving and inconveniencing a 2nd person and that planning ahead would make this a lot easier.

There is a Pizzeria Regina in Allston Landing to stop at, and that should make up for the inconvenience.

If you are not into Pizza, Athan's Bakery in Brighton is mighty good.

New Balance is only 5 minutes from Acura of Boston. If you haven't seen the new development, you are in for a pleasant surprise.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried and tried to arrange local delivery or to pick it up at the factory and no dice.

My dealer is in WI, 40ish miles from my office and closer to 80 miles from where I live in Chicago.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried and tried to arrange local delivery or to pick it up at the factory and no dice.

My dealer is in WI, 40ish miles from my office and closer to 80 miles from where I live in Chicago.

Originally Posted by Bricks and Bio
Thanks Pinkerton

More MidWest folks

I spoke with your shop but they did not have an allocation for me.

I went with another friendly WI dealer instead of the Market Adjustment oriented stealerships around Chicago
Zimbrick or Bergstrom ??

Bricks , with all due respect , then who is your dealer , if you don't mind me asking , again ?? :rolleyes:
You have asked others where their car is so ...........

Back