• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

dealer labor $ to remove speakers??

im having local acura dealer remove speaker/amps from my nsx and put the panels back on---so i can drive while waiting for bose to send my refurbished system.

can anyone whos had this done tell me what the dealer charged??

id just replace them with something else, but i dont trust/know any high end audio dealers here with experience with nsx's. (kansas city)

any suggestions?

I did it myself...it's really not that hard and there is a do-it-yourself article in the FAQ on how to do it. I cannot imagine that the dealer should charge more than 1 hour of labor to remove them.

Rather than pay the dealer to remove and reassemble the door panel twice, I had my dealer remove the amps, overnight the amps for the repair and have them overnighted back, keeping the car the whole time.

thanks guys. yeah, ken, good idea. ill ask the dealer to do that for me. when i was over at brand X i asked THAT dealer about doing exactly that and they didnt know anything about sending the speaker/amps to boses for repair.

Originally posted by huckster:
thanks guys. yeah, ken, good idea. ill ask the dealer to do that for me. when i was over at brand X i asked THAT dealer about doing exactly that and they didnt know anything about sending the speaker/amps to boses for repair.

In all fairness to Brand X, neither did my dealer. I just gave them a printed copy of the FAQ and they made the contact and sent it out.

I just did that myself. Took about 20 minutes to take out the amp. I didn't put my door panel back on, just the door handle and I drive around that way now. Only downside is you cant adjust mirrors or open windows. It's a fairly easy process I'm guessing 1 hour labor for both?

Back